tuscl

Negotiating Revisited

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:56 AM
I asked about this a few weeks ago, and we had a good discussion about the general pros and cons of clubs with negotiable dance prices. I'll be going back to one of these clubs soon (okay, it's Platinum Plus in Columbia, SC), so I wanted to compare notes on our approaches with others who negotiate. I've found that on the day shift at PP, most girls readily agree to 2-fers at $25 or $30. Not many takers at $20, so I stopped asking for it. Maybe if I were a regular. There are some girls who won't do 2 for less than $40 - enough of them that I've come to accept that when necessary. After all, I'm used to paying $20-25/dance when it's worth it at clubs in the Midwest. I don't want to pay that much if I don't have to, but I also I don't want to rule out a whole group of girls over it. Above all, I want price issues to play as little a part as possible in my thinking and my dealings with strippers, so I can focus on who's hot, not who's $5 or $10 cheaper. So, here's the approach I've arrived at so far: I don't consider a girl as a dance prospect unless I'd be willing to pay her $20/dance. No sliding scale for me. At first, I don't know her price, and I won't until the point when she asks if I'd like a dance. I want her to spend some time with me getting acquainted first. Sometimes, that winds up taking so long it would be unsporting of me after all that to insist on a bargain. So when it's time, I ask if we can do 2 for $25. Like I said, most agree or ask for $30. If she asks for $40, I either agree or propose one $25 dance. So far, I've had only one stripper who still insisted on first $40, then $30, or 2 for $50. I felt a little bad telling her no way after the time she'd spent flirting and petting, but I soon got over it when another cute girl took her place on my lap. The way I see it, if she expected double the typical rate, it was up to her to have made that clear before investing time upfront. I can't think of any way to avoid occasional conflicts like that. I just hope something to dramatic isn't bound to happen. So, what approach to you guys take at clubs like PP? Do you see problems with mine that you've found a better answer for?

14 comments

• Dougster
    15 years ago
    I think you think about this shit way too much chandler and need to get a life.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Negotiating is most important I think when you are a regular. If you go to the same club every other week and save $10 buying a lap dance then it will add up. If you only go once or twice a year then a $10 price difference will not mean too much. I once told girls at a club that I am interested in the champagne rooms and I am trying to lap dance as many girls to see who I like best. They will get competitive and be more willing to offer discount on the lap dance if they think they will get the champagne room with me. This of course only should be used at clubs you are NOT a regular or else you will be pegged as a fraud.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    It is easier to negotiate favorable dance prices if the dancer likes you. I think you need to work on that aspect first when negotiating.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Depends on why your negotiating the price and how you feel about taking a dancer's time. I feel very negative about wasting a dancer's time so at the more expensive clubs I let 'em know upfront that I'm a low budget customer to give 'em the opportunity to go after bigger fish. That approach doesn't seem like it would fit your personality or needs. Sounds like you've reached the best approach for you. BTW, maybe I misunderstood you but I thought you were pretty much against haggling over dance prices. At the $5 clubs, I won't negotiate because I want the hot dancer---rarely I'll even pay over the standard $5. The large friendly dancers can probably be had for 2 for $5, so if you like plenty of meat and personality it is a steal.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Samsung, I see your point, although at Platinum Plus, the prices range so widely that it makes a difference even for a one-time visit. You don't know until you ask whether a stripper will want 2 for $20 or $40/per or something way higher for extras. For me, it's not so much about saving money anyway as it is about avoiding a misunderstanding and possibly an ugly falling-out. Perhaps "negotiating" isn't quite the right term, since I never get into any back-and-forth beyond proposing a price and either accepting or declining her reply. More like getting a price check. And doing it with the minimum amount of fuss. In the club, the time that it has my attention is a fraction of what it takes to read all this. (Thank God.)
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Bro, at what point do you bring up price? Or do you allow her to first? How much back-and-forth do you get into?
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Negotiating can back fire. As you all know PP is my favorite club. I consistently get 2 for $20 lap dances from the day shift girls because they know me, appreciate my repeat business and that by word of mouth and reviews, I bring them customers. Some of my buddies can get my price by mentioning the candy man. When I meet a dancer new to me, I always tell them that I have been a regular for 8 years and that I have many favorites that will do 2 for $20 for me. This works for me about 70% of the time. If she is way out of line, I do not negotiate. I just pass and that is the end of that. I she is close, as 2 for $25, and there are not many of my favorites around, I usually accept. If she is somewhere in between, I negotiate. I got Megan to come down from 1 For $30 to 2 for $20. Big mistake. We get to the lap dance room, she removes her top, places my hands outwards stretched on the sofa and then to give me a mostly Atlanta air dance. After one song, I threw the $20 at her and walked out. She yelled at me as I was leaving. "IF you want better dances, you have to pay more" You will never know if that is true. chandler got that name, MEGAN! Easy to recognize. She will be the dancer spending most of her time walking around asking customers "wanna dance" and then more walking. I prefer to accept or reject a dance price and not negotiate.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Shadowcat: Thanks all the same, but I learned about Megan right before you had your Megan encounter, I believe. It was the first day you and I met, before I realized who you were. She came by and tried to push herself on me. After trying to be polite failed, I just told her to go away. She's tried the same thing with me about every other time I've gone back. Sometimes, I don't recognize her right away. She's not too bad looking until she gets close. It sounds like our approaches are similar, except that being such a regular gives you a lot better leverage. *insert joke*
  • aquavelvaman
    15 years ago
    I visit PP as much as possible, but generally at night during the week, where prices differ, and more ROBs are out. To me, exessive haggleing and negotiating kills the mood, so I try to avoid it. Basically, at night - my rule of thumb is this: $20 is a good fair price per dance, and normally girls start at 30$ to 40$ but can be talked down to that. So once the subject of dance comes up, I say "20 per dance, and I'll probably do at least 2." From there its take it or leave it, no negotiations. (unless its a two for one, then I try to do better of course). At least during the summer, when its not too crowded, they all take it.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Not sure if you consider this negotiating, but I usually try and get a discount on the last dance. I tell the dancer I have to leave. She asks if I want a last dance. I tell her that I would love one, but I only have $X left (X being whatever spare cash I have available). After a few seconds to do some kind of marginal utility analysis in their head, most dancers say ok. Bird in the hand, so to speak.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    steve, that's because she doesn't have a bush ?
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    LG - hmmm ...I'll have to test that theory out next time.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Steve, I think that's called begging. I suppose it could be considered a negotiation tactic.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Aqua, that sounds like a good approach for the night shift at PP. I've been meaning to get back there at night, given how hit or miss days can be. Are you saying you only get 2-fers during the announced specials, or that you don't necessarily want to commit to more than one? In answer to an earlier question, no, I don't like haggling, but I like other things about Platinum Plus, so I'm trying to make the best of of it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion