tuscl

Platinum Plus raised the cover charge after midnight?

Monday, July 13, 2009 1:39 AM
I found out Platinum Plus in Greenville, SC raised the cover charge after midnight (at least on Saturday). I believe the cover increase after midnight for every night. Isn't this some kind of oxymoron? Are they trying to discourage late night visits? Maybe it's just an attempt to make more money. I will be visiting less so they will make less off of me. It did not look as crowded in the club as it used to. Another club in the area is staying open an hour longer. I could potentially save a lot of money by not visiting at all but I do have fun there on occasion.

21 comments

• casualguy
    15 years ago
    Any other clubs raising cover charges these days?
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    If you are a local to platinum plus then maybe you could consider buying a lifetime membership. Never have to pay cover again! I have heard a lot of complaints about Brad's Brass Flamingo raising prices by adding a $2 surcharge to each $10 lap dance you buy, but this is the first time I have heard of PP raising prices.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    samsung, PP yearly membership is $250. Lifetime is $500. It is good at any of their clubs. Mine was issues from the now closed Memphis PP but is still good. You can take in one guest with you. At $3 daytime and $8 at night, you would have to make a lot of visits to warrant buying a card.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    shadowcat you make a good point. I did the math out of curiosity and figured if I was a local, then I would probably go to the club once every other week. 52 weeks in a year * 1/2 (every other week) * $8 cover * 2 years = $416. I would have the membership nearly paid off in almost 2 years. I consider myself "lucky" because the two clubs in Columbus, OH that are ranked in the top 100 on tuscl (X Gentlemen's club and Kahoot's) both have given me more than enough free admission passes (they also have free admission passes on their websites). I go out to one of those clubs about every other week.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I do not think it is as much about the saving of money as it is about trying to create the impression you are "important". Let's face it, if you are going to a club to blow hundreds of dollars on dances and buy overpriced drinks, an $8 dollar cover is immaterial.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    It's 10 dollars now after midnight. It still sucks to pay extra and get nothing out of it. Of course on the bright side, I just cut out one visit and I probably saved over a years worth of the extra cover charges. Well over a years worth for me. I need to cut back my visits because the dancers I know are getting too good at getting me to spend more on their lap dances. The other night I probably got more mileage just having a dancer trying to get me to buy a lap dance than many people get during the lap dance. That was so much fun I was wondering if I should attempt to string it out and not buy the lap dance.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    If I had a card I could visit more often but I do believe the cover charges are not what I'm spending the most money on. I don't believe it would be as much fun to visit and just watch and not get any dances. That's what would happen since I'm not a millionaire. If I did visit 3 times a month every month at $10 a pop, I could break even on the lifetime card in about 17 months. That's a long time to hope the club stays open and same ol same ol with my finances and the club too. I guess if I wanted to make the gamble I could go for it. I feel safer buying a triple inverse ETF than I do buying a lifetime $500 membership card and hope to break even on it.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    I'd guess the reason for upping the cover after midnight might have something to do with the kind of crowd that packs the club at that hour. Perhaps they weren't buying dances nor many drinks, just taking up space and causing a ruckus, driving away the good customers who were already there?
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Many clubs have increased business after midnight. I do not think a $2 increase in cover will drastically reduce the attendance. If anything, it may prompt customers to arrive earlier.
  • uscue13
    15 years ago
    I think it will probably encourage regulars to arrive earlier, and for the non regulars they're already there so they'll pay the $2 extra. Makes up even a little bit of lost revenue with the economy. As far as cover, if you get a lifetime membership card, I would believe that to mean that you are interested in going to the clubs alot. If that's the case, it could be beneficial to you in the long run, especially if you do it at clubs that have proven their stability. I don't think that has anything to do with wanting to feel "important". For instance, shadow has already made up the cost I would believe. And while now he would only pay say $9 for his monthly visits in cover charges, that's now $9 that he can use for drinks. Once you've returned your investment on the card, you're essentially making money with every entrance to the club so I don't find it immaterial. (Although i don't have a card)
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    usceu13. I didn't pay for my lifetime membership. I was given to me free by my best friend, TUSCL_Brother. At the time I had about a dozen get in free cards. I gave them to shekitout. You don't get those free passes as much as you used to a few years ago. In fact I haven't seen any lately.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    uscue13. btw, I have gotten into Savannah's Gentlemens Club free 3 times by showing it. Gotta meet the competition.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Did anyone say the cover increase was $2? I missed any mention of an amount. Anyway, I was only speculating what mgmt's rationale might be. I wasn't defending it or saying it would work. However, I've been in clubs many times when I wished something could be done to discourage the after midnight rowdies from coming in and turning the place into Stupid Hour.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    The $2 I used was an intuitive guess. Samsung1 used $8 in his VIP benefit analysis, and Casualguy indicated the after midnight cover is $10. Regardless of the amount of the increase, customers going to a SC after midnight have probably been partying all night and are not arriving after midnight to save money, they are probably arriving to continue their partying IMO. Mangement is just taking advantage of what they see as an easy source of added income. If customers are concerned about saving money, then IMO they would try to arrive before midnight.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    It was a $2 increase after midnight. When I arrived I had to actually wait on a few guys in front of me. I think they decided to leave when they heard about the price increase. It wasn't as crowded inside as normal. That could be a plus for the regular customers. There aren't as many people as typical because the people who arrived early are close to leaving and the price increase deters new customers from arriving late. I don't really see it as a positive for the club though. I'm planning on visiting other clubs instead of Platinum Plus the next time I'm out or just staying at them instead of leaving. Without the crowd there, dancers are having an easier time finding me. I figure not visiting as often will save me a lot of money.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    The club must have hundreds of seats for customers inside and they weren't exactly at full capacity before the price increase so I didn't understand how the club management thinks increasing the price is going to up their profit when less customers visit the club.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    You can write to the management at platinum plus, their email is found on the bottom of their website "email us". [view link] Write and complain about it...you never know they might read it...
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Regardless of the reason for the price increase, I think everyone can agree that management does not always make logical decisions. They prefer to do what they feel benefits them, not the customer.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Thanks, I missed the $10/$8 bit. I doubt if I would notice the difference. The cover charge only enters into my decision when I'm considering whether to pop into a club and see whether it's worth staying. The $2 increase in dance prices at Brad's is more troubling, because it goes to the club. I assume it means somebody other than the dancer is now tracking how many dances she does for you. Not a good trend.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I'll just save my money and go visit different clubs or stay home more often. I'm looking to cut back my spending. There is one club having a party (maybe free cover) and another advertising free cover after 2AM. I can just cut out all of the dances and save even more. Who knows, I might even make the other clubs a habit if I have fun and it doesn't cost very much. I went years without visiting any Platinum Plus clubs. They don't exactly have a stellar reputation with everyone around here and that's among people who do visit strip clubs.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I read that the $2 dance price increase at Brad's is based on the honor system so if you get 3 dances but just lie and say you got 2..then you can save $2 if it means that much to you.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion