tuscl

Recession???

Monday, June 8, 2009 6:23 AM
I found this interesting, it's pretty short also... [view link] Have any of you experienced a recession at your own clubs? I know at my club that it's hit a bit, but for the most part I can not tell... there are to many "one time" clients from all over the world that the mojority of my income is not based on a single (or a few) different clients. Just wondering if it's hitting you guys and if you are using it to your advantage! :)

10 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    I have noticed clubs promoting "packages" such as pay $25 at the door and get a ticket for 3 free drinks...or pay $25 at the door and get a ticket for a free drink and free dance. I read the article you posted and it mentioned the guy offering $5 for oral sex. It made me remember a time when a homeless women/hooker offered oral sex for $5, then said she just wanted a place to stay at for the night because she came up from Hurricane Katrina after it ruined her home (haha I know it was probably a BS lie of hers). It was the cheapest sex deal I was ever offered but turned it down because I refused to lower my standards that low... I have noticed that at two clubs they have cut back the uptime specials from every 30 minutes to now being 1 every hour. Do girls hate doing uptimes or something? I always thought those were money making moments for a club because they make up the difference with increased volume.
  • lane
    15 years ago
    What is uptime? I'm not familiar... I guess we don't have that, but then again I work in a very "upscale" club so we don't have drink specials either (that's what the bottle of vodka in your locker is for!) hahaha I like the tranny's story :) OK, maybe bad choice of article, but good topic...
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Kahoot's is the most upscale club in Columbus, OH and uptime is a 2fer1 special at the top of the hour. You get 2 dances for the price of one ($30). They used to run that every half hour but now it is only every hour. The other upscale clubs also run 2fer1 specials, but then again this is Columbus, OH so what is considered upscale here is probably considered low class in places like Las Vegas. [view link]
  • lane
    15 years ago
    Interesting, I've never heard of a 2 for 1 at a club and I've been dancing for 5 years... :) I'd be kind of pissed if I had to dance for free though, sounds like bullshit to me (good for YOU!) but as an "independant contractor" it's amazing that the club could actually force the girls to give free dances. I guess you could always go to the back though... Doesn't sound like a place that management has the best interest for the girls. I'm glad that I work with people that understand that price cutting each other is not going to make anyone money. I've had a couple of friends come down from their prices, we make the bulk of our money by having customer's pay us to entertain and sit with them by the hour. Anyway, very interesting, I'm gonna have to share the 2for1 subject later in the locker room and see if any of the gals have had this experience...
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Some of the clubs I go to the dancers can set their own prices. They offer me two for ones other than the announced two for one times. That actually increases their income. They may do more dancing and less walking around, less talking, less looking for the next customer. Sometimes a dancer will throw in a free dance for half a song or so. It keeps more getting dances from her when I don't have to. My problem is I now have so many favorites who all came back on the same night that I spent a lot more than normal. If you think about it, if you spend 15 minutes or longer looking for a customer and another 15 to 30 talking and only 5 or 10 minutes dancing for one or two $30 dances, you could have made a lot more in less time offering to do two for ones at two for $30. Unless getting dances is easy at clubs across the country.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Example: I met one dancer who spent 20 to 30 minutes talking to me. Then I got one $30 dance. That was way overpriced in my opinion and I'm not sure why I even did that. That took about 30 minutes. Meanwhile others dancers come up to me and offer to do a two for one at $30. The don't waste much time talking, I like their dances and get 4 dances in about 20 minutes for a total of $60. I'm happy and possibly a repeat customer of theirs versus the first dancer I mentioned who I thought poorly of. Just an FYI in case someone doesn't see how offering dances for less actually can increase a dancers income.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I have noticed a slight decrease in crowds, and more aggressive dancers. End of month, when rent is due always seems to increase mileage and girls.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    lane- What city(ies) have you danced in that you've never heard of 2fers? So called 2fers seem to be mainly the province of corporate chain clubs (DV, SR, but NOT most VCG clubs, or MC). Often,2fers are 2 clipped songs, so I don't get too excited over them. However, if they spur patrons to get some dances, that can be a positive. I've taken test drives during 2fer, and "extended" if dancer was truly good. As for original ?, haven't noticed any dramatic change, but perhaps subtle, like a bit nastier dances, or dancers being better sports about doing regular vs VIP tiered dances.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I agree with casualguy..if a dancer offers me a discount I feel special and tend to buy the dance..if she just comes by and offers "wanna dance?" I typically decline unless she's really attractive. I once danced with a girl who I would rate as a 4 and looked like a midget...and looking back the only reason I did it is because she offered a discount and I felt special lol.
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    The only real impression of a recession-type economy that I get from any strip-clubbing around here, is that there seems to be a slightly larger pool of girls at any given time at any given location. New Orleans has an over-abundance of strip-clubs, relative to the number of potential clients and dancers. At any time about six clubs on Bourbon Street might as well not be open at all, because they're serving two customers and have one dancer working. Then, on Friday and Saturday nights, the conventioneers come in to town and things get THICK with people on Bourbon Street. What I've noticed, only slightly, is that the off-hours at the off-clubs are now more populated with dancers -- girls who are willing to work the bad time-shifts, perhaps to get a chance to work the good time-shifts, perhaps just because they aren't making enough profit during the good time-shifts. But it's not really changing anything during prime-time, and it's not really changing the number of clubs or customers, or the real quality of the dancers. They're still average to barely above-average.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion