tuscl

Anyone ever play DJ?

DandyDan
North Iowa
Saturday, April 18, 2009 11:20 AM
My favorite club has a jukebox and as such, the girls pick their own music. I met a new girl tonight named Toni, who wanted me to pick her music for her for the time she was up. I picked "Sugar" by Kid Rock, "Seven Nation Army" by White Stripes, and Metallica's version of "Turn the Page". One of these days, I will get someone to dance to Rush.

10 comments

• steve229
    15 years ago
    I am a big fan of 80's music (throw back to my college/single life days). I walked into a club once and the dancer on stage was dancing to "Come on Eileen" by the one-hit wonders Dexys Midnight Runners. Naturally I started tipping her and struck up a conversation. Found out she also liked 80's tunes (of course, she regarded it as "old" music). The club has a DJ, but the dancers can pick the songs for their set. Got some dances from her, then sat and talked awhile. We had fun choosing the songs for her next set, finally decided on "When Doves Cry" by Prince and "Sugar Walls" by Sheena Easton (lots of stations refused to play that song back in the day). I haven't made it back to that club again, but if I do she promised to dance to Men Without Hat's "Safety Dance."
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    RUSH????? I just tossed my cookies! Bad enough having to listen when a captive, but in a club, I can always LEAVE!
    15 years ago
    Steve, please let us know what club you're referring to. Judging by your playlist I want to stay as far away as possible!
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    I would absolutely love, and I mean LOVE, to see a girl dance (real dance) to Turbo Lover by Judas Priest. Mix it with smoke and the right lighting, and.....ahhh Twenty five years ago, for a few years, I made some money on the side by being a dance instructor. Every third Saturday night, the instructors would clear the ballroom, put in some interesting lighting, and we would dance famous movie scenes, or Broadway play choreography. We let students watch from a glass wall facing out of the building. Besides great fun, it was a marketing tool.
  • Anna
    15 years ago
    I would probably have to say that a place I hope I never see without some flat tire or the onstar bitch taking the night off...in the same file with establishments such as Gilley's as portrayed in Urban Cowboy...and the Titty Twister in that one Tarantino film...not good.
  • dennyspade
    15 years ago
    Dandy Dan: I just read in another posting tat you are a former NIU Huskie. I hope that your love of 80's music didn't come from your being a DJ on camous radio or drinking too much beer at McCabes, Ottos, and the Jungle. I always believed that you exhibited exquisite sense of taste as it pertains to strip clubs. "Sugar Walls?"
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    That was Steve229 who admitted the love of '80's music, although I suppose some of it isn't bad.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Dennyspade- I don't remember being in the Jungle ever, or even where it is (was), and I only remember going to Otto's once. McCabes was all right, though. However, that has been long gone by now.
  • chi_sam
    15 years ago
    Yeah. Once. And it was a riot. I was at a club in Cali and the DJ didn't show, so they got old dude playing his own outdated collection of CD's. He didn't know how to work (or was afraid to mess with)the computer. Looking through his small stack, I told him that I 'have more songs on my laptop'. So, where's your laptop? I was staying in a hotel right across the street and ten minutes later I was guest DJ. It was a blast. Those dudes do get a lot of attention...
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    If I played DJ, I would get tared, feathered and run out of town.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion