tuscl

off topic-Who has the best broadband? DSL?

bornloser
Florida
Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:41 PM
I have asked this on several other boards-I might as well ask it here? I keep hearing Comcast sucks? Do they?

12 comments

• curiousgeorgefun
    15 years ago
    i use quest in colorado, who claimed 100 for phone/net/tv. they forgot to tell me there were >100/mo in taxes and fees. My net went down and cost up. Now in TN and I pay $36/mo for 10meg up and down thru local power company who just put in fiber to compete with only cable co. charter.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    After using Netcom which became Mindsprig, which became Earthlink for about 15 years, Earthlink could NOT get my new router to work. DSL became available at my home about the same time as it was rolled out. I subscribed to it. The old router that I'd had since then would not stay running consistently, but enough to get them about 6 MONTHS to get the new working. When they could not reach my deadline, I switched to AT&T and all has been well.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I have Time Warner Cable standard cable and I believe it is either 7.0 MBps or 5.0 mbps... the nice thing I like about [view link] is that it is mostly a text based website so it is easy to use on my mobile phone as well.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I'd agree FIOs is the way to go if it's available. I'd say not to bother with the Verizon basic (non-FIOS) DSL, waste of time.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Fiber >>> Copper wire. So, if you can get FiOS or Qwest Fiber, that will be much faster. But the infrastructure is mostly copper, and in most areas cable beats DSL.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    I've never really had a serious problem with Comcast. I agree that the company does have a crappy outlook on things in general though.
  • KootchieKoo
    15 years ago
    Comcast has download caps, DNS issues, throttles BitTorrent, etc... [view link]
  • CCRiderm
    15 years ago
    I agree with Dain. If it's available in your area, FIOS is the way to go. Reliable and batshit fast....
  • Dain
    15 years ago
    FiOS is good.
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    I've been on Comcast in NJ for about 15 months. I don't like very much about the company, but I have to say that I've had no problems with the high-speed Internet access.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    cable is supposed to be the fastest but that depends on how many of your neighbors are using it the same time as you do. I am using AT&T 3.0GB/sec. I tried their 6.0 but it only measured 5.1 at my home. I dropped it because the only real application was down loading programs. Not worth the extra cost to me.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I am in The Woodlands, TX and they suck big time here.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion