tuscl

Platinum Plus in Columbia lap dance prices?

Sunday, March 1, 2009 6:10 AM
Anyone know what the going rate for lap dances is here now? The latest reviews made it sound like $20 to $30 wasn't unusual. I can easily get 2 for $30 and I even got 2 for $20 from one dancer at PP in Greenville a couple of weeks ago. I won't bother visiting the Columbia club anymore if prices are 20 or $30 for a lap dance.

13 comments

• casualguy
    15 years ago
    Well since I live in South Carolina there is always the possibility of a visit but I won't be buying very many lap dances if the prices are that high.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I feel qualified to answer this question. PP has been my favorite club for the last 7 years. I have driven the 240 miles from Atlanta to Columbia every month (except two) to spend a 2 night/3day visit to the club. There isn't much that goes on there that I don't know about. Ken Wood is the CEO of Ken Wood Enterprises, which owns the small chain. The day shift manager for many years, Aljo, died from cancer last month. I have seen and heard all of the drama that goes on. I am known as the "candy man" and some of the dancers also know me as shadowcat. In the latest review by Carolina_Guy, he rated it as a 4.33. That is the lowest that I have seen recently and reflects his claim to being ripped off. He broke the cardinal rule of using a credit card/ATM. Name any club that does not do this? And if the club was so bad, why did he need more cash? Dance prices vary widely. The price that I get is $20 for two. This from my dozen favorite dancers and 15-20 more that are my back ups. (It just started to snow here). I have been quoted at $40 for a single. I just say NO. My favorites tell me that they charge others more but they appreciate me. I have negotiated lower prices but mostly have been disappointed in the quality of the dance. In most cases it is better to just pass. So how do the dancers get away with these high prices? From ignorant customers that don't know better. Which dancers ask these high prices? The new out of towners. They are there for the quick score and could care less about repeat business/regulars. I always ask dancers, new to me, how long they have been working there, where are they from and where did they work before. You can tell a lot about them. Best prices come from the day shift dancers. I am usually out of there by 8:00 P.M., unless one of my favorites is working late (rare). I know who does what and for how much. It varies from $20 for a HJ to FS OTC for $150. I have even done these things ITC. Extra's usually come from knowing the dancer well and building up a trust. CasualGuy, I know many dancers that work or have worked at both clubs. They tell me that they get more money per dance at the Greenville club but over all make more in Columbia. You can trust the reviews by the following TUSCLers. I have met them all personally and know that each calls it their favorite club. Shekitout, Pop, and uscue13. All from Columbia. The out of towners/state include rob0411, chandler, the Dirk444, magicrat, snowtime, trograngreg, TUSCL_Bro, TimboATL, and stripshopper. I may have left out one or two. And of course there is gridget. One of 5 dancers that I know have posted on TUSCL. I have known her for 4 or 5 years. She now only works occasionally. She will be there when I am. I have respect for her and the utmost trust in what she tells me. See her reviews. Who else has their ATF posting on here? Luv Ya!!! The snow is now starting to accumulate. We are expecting 2-4 inches of slush.This will shut down Atlanta.
  • StripShopper
    15 years ago
    Shadowcat has given you sage advice. I would add that the personality of club changes after 8pm. This is often when a lot of "out of town" dancers are in the club. Often from scammer states like Florida, Georgia, or North Carolina. The Key is to ask a dancer where she is from. I automatically cut them loose if they say Florida or the Old Platinum Club in Memphis. Unfortunately, the popularity of the club has created a lot of interest and as stated above, has brought a lot of guys into the club that don't take the time to do their research, or don't know about this site, or like a lot of guys...are just frustrated chumps willing to hand over their wallets to these girls. Which of course just fucks it up for the rest of us. I've had two recent trips myself that were mind blowing experiences...but my success came from the following: 1) Research from this site. 2) Familiarity with the club 3) Negotiation skills. and the big one. 4) Taking the time to learn how to handle women. (which is readily available on the web)....search for the wisdom! A totally new experience can be had and your concern over prices will fade. My last session averaged $7.50 per song...and it came with a phone number at the end of the session. Think about it this way... If you walked up to your boss tomorrow and ask for double the pay. And he said no problem...You'd take it and run. Guys forget that they are the boss and assume that the dancer is in charge. A HUGE MISTAKE.
  • hogsun
    15 years ago
    -I always ask dancers, new to me, how long they have been working there, where are they from and where did they work before. You can tell a lot about them. -Guys forget that they are the boss and assume that the dancer is in charge. A HUGE MISTAKE. I will remember these comments on my next trip. Shadow please message me when you get a date for your next outing.
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    Not much to add to above comments. I have found that day shift dancers are much more willing to give 2 for 20 dances. It also helps if you are sitting with Shadowcat during one of his excursions. During my last trip to PP all of the dancer's I asked were willing to give me his price since they saw I was sitting in his section. Night dancers seem to be much less willing to accept a lower price than they originally ask. Also nightime seems to be more of a party atmosphere and less conducive to the high milage dances that most of us are hunting. And although there are usually more dancers at night, the quality has been about the same as dayshift, at least on the nights I visited.
  • ascenzion
    15 years ago
    I went on 2/26/09 and tried out several new dancers. The highest was 30 - I only bought one from her. The best deal was 5 high high milage dances for 100. I got three separate sets, and this was one of the out of towners.
  • magicrat
    15 years ago
    While most of us won't get Shadowcat's prices, you should be able to get 2 for $25 or $30 during the dayshift. I've had decent luck getting those prices at night as well. I don't seem to get those prices in Greenville as most of the dancers seem stuck on 2 for $40 and won't budge. I will say though that lately the mileage has been significantly higher in Greenville, although fellow TUSCLers have told me that has changed recently.
  • leedoubleshot
    15 years ago
    I am heading to Columbia on business this week and curious about the prices for the dances. I’ve been to the Greenville PP two times in the last 6 months and found the dances to be quite reasonable. I am usually there on a Thursday night, and around 11 pm it didn’t seem all that crowded. The dancers outnumbered the men. I found if you buy certain girls drinks, they will give you free dances in the back room. It was my impression that the girls wanted to look “busy” in front of their fellow workers.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Thanks for the answers shadowcat and everyone. I'll try to remember to ask where the dancers are from and how long they've worked at the club if I don't already recognize them and if I'm interested in them. Usually it seems like they are more interested in me which may be why I seem to get reasonable prices most of the time. Of course if they all started demanding $20 or $30 per dance, I might not get any dances and end up leaving the club with a lot of cash still in my wallet. I've done that at clubs that charged high prices but have always known the dancers here to suddenly drop their prices to try to get a dance.
  • hogsun
    15 years ago
    Shadowcat, do you buy drinks for dancers? Does it pay off?
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    hogsun: Yes but only for my favorites. Btw I'll be in the club next week. Watch the club discussion board for dates.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I will be in the club Mar 10, 11 and 12. Mostly day shift. C'mon down. Keep in mind the TUSCL convention here in May. I am thinking of a Fri-Sat event during the afternoon, early evening but TUSCL_Bro will probably join me on Thu to check things out. Let me know how this works out for you.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I remember one dancer told me I was a good businessman. I guess I'm like shadowcat in that I try to get the best value for my money. I suddenly started thinking about changing a brokerage account. One brokerage account only charged me $7 for a stock trade but another charged me over $70 for a similar trade. Stupid little adder in there commissions for buying more than 1K shares of a stock. It was a penny stock. Feeling like you're getting overcharged annoys me. I see the effect immediately in a strip club but when trading stocks it seems less noticeable since it's just another number.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion