tuscl

Tattoos becoming less popular?

Thursday, February 19, 2009 6:23 AM
I have a subscription to a stock subscription service that forcasts not just the stock market but social mood in general and they can predict presidential elections, the stock market, and how social mood will affect things. According to the prediction, tattoos are a sign of more happy times and better public sentiment that will be become less prevalent. They predict darker colors in clothes will become more common as the public sentiment becomes worse (along with this bear market we're in). I always thought tattoos were a bit negative or a bit anti-social so I don't know if I agree with that thinking. Do you think tattoos are more rebellion against society in general or more like glitzy artwork that will be less popular as public sentiment gets worse? I know many dancers seem to have tatoos.

6 comments

• DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Tattoos may be a sign of happy times because they cost a bit of cash to get, which is something people are not spending. It could definitely happen, but with dancers, you never know, because they like to spend inordinate amounts of money on things like tattoos.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    I've thought negatively of them. Insecurity i.e. the hot stripper thinks she needs permanent body art to be beautiful (in some cultures this may be the case). Lack of respect for oneself. Ignorance. Need to belong. Never thought of them as reflecting happiness, but who knows that might be a predominate reason.
  • CarolinaWanderer
    15 years ago
    If tatoos are a sign of happy times, its a good thing you can't get one in a strip club or we would all be so happy that we would soon look like Mike Tyson.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Mike Tyson doesn't exactly shout happiness.
  • Dain
    15 years ago
    Tatoos reflect a short time-horizon on the part of the skin owner. What would grandchildren think of gradma's tatoos? But lots of girls are proud of them. Give them twenty years.
  • CowboyesFan
    15 years ago
    Once all of the sorority girls started getting tramp stamps it was only a matter of time.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion