tuscl

It's a Sad Sad Day in Mudville

Saturday, September 26, 2009 3:52 PM
LE's latest attempt at the local Brazilian jack joint, years of no LE issues and then this. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Six dancers from The Playhouse topless bar were charged with prostitution early this morning. The dancers - identified as EE of Freehold; EC of Newark; PB of Rahway; SB of Delran; LA of Hillside; and GU of Woodbury - were arrested after an eight-month investigation into activities at the Route 130 establishment, police said. The investigation was conducted by the city police and Burlington County Prosecutor's Office. C and B were released after posting $5,000 bail each. The other four women were lodged in the Burlington County Minimum Security Facility in Pemberton Township in default of bail. Police said more arrests are pending but they did not name any other suspects or release additional details about the investigation. A woman who answered the phone at the bar Thursday night referred questions to attorney PR, who could not be reached for comment. Earlier this month the City Council unanimously adopted an ordinance to replace a section of the municipal code regarding regulations for adult businesses such The Playhouse, which had sued the city claiming that its regulations were unconstitutional and violated First Amendment rights to free speech and expression. The old regulations restricted adult businesses from having private dance rooms and viewing booths. Under the changes, which were considered a compromise to end the court battle, such booths will be permitted but must be monitored by an employee to “confirm that no specified sexual activities are occurring.”

20 comments

• gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I hope Fox's Cops wasn't filming the bust, this would be an awful episode to see.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I could be wrong but what I heard this was not for OTC but for HJ inside the club. I also heard the city wants the club closed and one person said those 6 girls may have been given up to the authorities by the club (I'm not sure why they would do that?). I remember the crackdown in April-May but I thought that was done by the club, I never heard it was any LE operation or sting like now. I wonder if that Burlington Cop conducted any of the undercover evidence? Talk about a credibility issue when he takes the witness stand!
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Maybe the cop was a devotee of Cass Sunstein.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    It took them *eight months* to figure out that the PH was in the prostitution business?? Sheesh... "such booths will be permitted but must be monitored by an employee to 'confirm that no specified sexual activities are occurring.'" Don't they already do that at the PH? "I heard that they offered OTC, and that was what brought the charges." One of the running scams there was for PLs to buy a HUGE number of LDs (which weren't really LDs) in order to kind-of "pre-pay" for OTC later, which always sounded weird to me. It doesn't sound like that Burlington cop is out of woods yet.
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    Sounded like a fun club. Hate to see that happen. You would think LE would have some terrorists to go catch.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Jersey Jack, I would enjoy reading the argument that proved to the jury/judge that livestock could consent to that! Sick world...
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    how, So would I! The truth is often stranger than fiction!
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    This club is ranked in the top 10 best strip clubs in the world on tuscl. Sad to see LE finally trying to go after it.
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    Oh, I forgot the best part ..... this happened to occur on the same day that the news broke that a former Burlington City cop was acquitted on bestiality charges. No, I'm not kidding. Investigators found a video of this cop getting blown by his 5 farm animals (cows) and he wins the case because he somehow proves it was consensual. [view link] They had the PH info for 8 months, but waited to release it on the day of the acquittal. It's all political.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I dont have mug shots but I heard they nabbed them at their homes (an hour or so away from the club)at 5AM, those mugs shots had to be bad. They were charged for prostitution for offering a HJ as part of their lap dance.
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    Gator - don't jump to too many conclusions. I heard that they offered OTC, and that was what brought the charges. Didn't hear anything that made it sound like HJs were to blame. Hell, if that was true, they could've arrested almost every girl there, and Ruby would probably be looking at 20 to life! ;-) The article I saw stated their ages: EE, 48, of Freehold; EC, 49, of Newark; PB, 36, of Rahway; SB, 43, of Delran; LA, 43, of Hillside; and GU, 25, of Woodbury. Note that 4 of the dancers are over 40 years old. They probably don't make a lot with lap dances, so they go the OTC route to make it up! Also, "years of no LE issues" isn't exactly correct. Remember the crackdown that happened this past April? Took a couple of months, but things got back to normal. I suspect that will happen again - just hang tight.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Gatorfan - sorry to hear the bad news. Any chance of mug shots?
  • CCRiderm
    15 years ago
    I was just there on the 22nd. Hope that wasn't my last visit... We need info from guys who have been there since the bust. What's going on inside? Can anyone translate those names to dancer names? Anyone know who got hit?
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    CC - according to the guys at bestGFE, it was Naya, Iliani, Georgia, Fernanda, Elle & Luma/Lola.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I read that too. I might go later on today to see what the deal is, it doesn't sound too good though (less girls are working, uptight, normal dances, etc).
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    gator - let us know how it is! Some buddies and I had been planning a trip down there this Friday to kick-off a fishing weekend. Sounds like we may have to come up with Plan B now!
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I will report how it is tonight. Now I'm thinking when someone gets 1 or 2 dances and then heads immediately out the exit, it will mean the dances were bad and person didn't want to waste any more money.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    JerseyJack, PH is was extremely uptight last night and not alot of girls (or they were hiding in dressing room). I did 1 lap dance with Ruby to see how it would be and it wasn't good. They didn't want to talk about anything. I'm going to keep watching these sites to see if PH relaxes and I might go try Penthouse in Philly I heard has some girls from Cheeks at.
  • CCRiderm
    15 years ago
    Yeah Gator, I stopped by this afternoon and it was the same. I know a good deal of the girls there from being there often and even with girls I know it was bad. The girls are really scared. Most of the "A" team was gone. There were a bunch of new girls and some of the old favorites. Ruby the energizer bunny was there but even she was subdued.... The good news is that the place was pretty well packed this afternoon. That should help a bit. Here's hoping this all resolves itself quickly.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I hope so because I dont think Playhouse can afford to charge $30 lap dances for very long and expect customers to continue going. Last night was very empty and like you said most of "A" team was not there. None of the girls would say a word about what's going on. It's good you saw more customers, but this club needs to get past this quickly.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion