tuscl

Strip club life 2 years in the future

I started reading a book called "Conquer the Crash" "you can survive and prosper in a deflationary Depression" by Robert R Prechter Jr from the folks at elliotwave.com

Their vision of the future has banks reducing credit available to people, credit expansion turns into a massive credit contraction where people try to reduce their debt and actually save money (if they aren't already bankrupt).

Anyway if the value of the dollar becomes higher (just imagine great depression days) where unemployment is at 20 percent etc. what would strip clubs be like? Would they close down? Would strippers be grateful whenever someone tips them a single dollar? Would only rich or well off employed people still attend strip clubs? If money became that tight, it seems like more girls might be interested in making money so maybe there would be better looking dancers. What do you think?

8 comments

• casualguy
    16 years ago
    Supposedly the old way of counting unemployment would have the unemployment rate at 12 percent so 20 percent unemployment would only be a 8 percent increase if that is more realistic for a depression.
    http://www.shadowstats.com/

Anyway what would strip clubs be like in this scenario?
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Hey jersey sucks in the clubs but like the housing market its a buyers paradise.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    My hope would be, in straitened economic times, that the grey market and black market activities such as prostitution and quasi-prostitution sex-related services would become much more likely and available. With less money there's less buffer for puritanical fundamentalism; and with greater leeway to claim "desperate circumstances" even habitual criminal offenders might see different treatment by the courts.

Perhaps a major economic downturn is the best thing that could happen to us. :)
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    I'm still undecided whether we will have deflation or hyperinflation. Maybe we will have something in between.

The deflation folks think housing prices in the UK may decline up to 90 percent and possibly back to the year 2000 here. I read somewhere it's never as bad or as good as you often here.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    How bad could it get? Strippers offering a lot more for free? I would think if things got really bad, the courts would be more lenient. There wouldn't be enough money to house everyone in prison.
  • BobbyI
    16 years ago
    The trend over the last decade or so has definitely been that as the economy has tanked the girls have been willing (desperate) to do more and more for less and less. During the stock market bubble even the cows could score $1k a shift w.o. even giving a HJ.
  • ozymandias
    16 years ago
    You could build a city using obsolete Y2K books as bricks.

This isn't much different.

O.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Some changes on the margins, but nothing like a major shift in operations. More dancers will be available, young and pretty girls not able to find jobs can exercise other options. Public officials and LE will be more willing to accept gifts from club owners and turn a blind eye to club activities. It will be important to public sector employees to keep and grow hidden income from friends, because they can't get pay raises in a down economy. Cost of dances will drop and clubs will try to make money on volume. Dancers will have to work harder to please fewer customers with money. OTC activity will increase dramatically.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion