tuscl

So Sure . . .

I was having a conversation with a *seemingly* unsavory yahoo at the bookstore. He was talking and talking and talking. And, I was actually listening. :) While this too long conversation was taking place the security mirror revealed a young man suspiciously shoving used textbooks into his knapsack. The garrulous fellow stops for a moment and has a look of glee on his face. He states that I don't even realize that I'm being "stole blind"! :)

Without changing my gaze I describe the young man an the approximately number of textbooks that he has put in his knapsack. The man's mouth is agape for a moment and then says how did you do that? :) I say out of the corner I've my eye I've been watching him with interest. The man says it is THEFT with a stressed but low voice. I say maybe he'll pay on the way out. :)

The man is starting to turn red and says don't be ridiculous you know he is stealing. I say yes, but he could change his mind. The man is NO! NO! NO! or some sentiment like that and he is getting redder and redder. I say you know this business of apparent stealing has caused you to digress from what you were talking about: Don't you at least wish to finish that conversation?

He menacingly says if you don't take action, then I will! I say very well. You've forced my hand. :( I address the young man and say that I'd rather he not place books in his knapsack until after he's paid for them. He blurts out that he wasn't going to steal them, blah, blah, blah. I say Yes, I was hoping that you planned on paying before you left.

The yahoo growls you can pay for them now son! I just roll my eyes. The young man says he forgot his wallet. :o Now the yahoo is saying I'll hold him while you call the police. I say call the police merely because he forgot his wallet? :) I tell the man you get moving and get moving now!

Oh boy. The yahoo was pissed. He starts lecturing me on my duty to protect the community and fight crime and stealing is wrong and blah blah blah. I say you are really overheating over NOTHING. Why couldn't I just let the young man take the books as my gift to him? :) That's against the LAW!!! he loudly snaps. LOL! :)

Turned out this seeming unsavory yahoo was supposedly some type of undercover law enforcement officer----NO, I didn't "learn" that till sometime later.

What struck me was not only the apparent contradiction between his law and order credo and seeming unsavoriness, but the sureness in voice regarding whatever he happened to blurt out. No apparent comprehension that his beliefs or conclusions might be wrong. I didn't blame his for getting riled---in that way he reminded me of myself. :)

What does this story have to do with stripclubs? That sureness isn't just limited to customers who know their right because logic and or morality dictate the correctness of their beliefs, but dancers (who should really know better) have that same sureness. Can't we all just get along? NO!!!!!!!!! :) (Yes, I really loved that line because, imo, it screams for a NO answer.)

4 comments

• parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    That yahoo undercover cop wanna-be sounds just like some of the voices here at TUSCL! Shekitout, bobbyl & clubber. I wouldn't even address these idiots if they weren't insistant on trying to get my attention. Both intellectually and personality wise they are minor players here and not worthy of anyone's time.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Yet ludicrouslydifferentfeebleimitationman can't seem to control his infatuation with some men. Not to mention he is the one that always seems to find the others, and myself, worthy of his time.

• jablake
    16 years ago

The yahoo was not a person to mess with assuming he was a real undercover officer AND assuming he wasn't just acting a nefarious role as part of his official duties. Regardless of the veracity of his many stories or authority, it is doubtful I would have taken any socially "responsible" action(s). I just didn't feel any obligation whatsoever to the society; hear and see NOTHING that could remotely cause me any problems major or minor where the victims are merely imaginable. Yep, a bad attitude. IOWs, as long as I'm ok everone else can go to hell especially if I ain't seeing real harm first hand.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    jablake,

I do not doubt he was real. Just look at the source of the first reply to your post. End of story!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion