tuscl

Freemont, NE?

happylap
Michigan
Wednesday, July 9, 2008 1:32 AM
I was scanning the recent reviews and ran across a club in Nebraska I'd never heard of. I used to travel there but have not been in about five years. The only place on my route with any decent SC was Fremont--it had two the names of which I cannot recall. I checked Nebraska and there are no clubs listed in Fremont. Anyone know what happened in Fremont?

4 comments

• jehu96
    16 years ago
    the Lariet in Fremont got closed due to the owner getting in legal trouble and losing liquor licence.
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    I live in the Omaha area, so I can say something about the clubs that used to be in Fremont. Boomers, which was on East 23rd Street (Old US 30) was closed up, but I don't know what specifically caused it to close up. I thought I heard a dancer elsewhere say that they ran into some legal trouble with the Nebraska State Patrol, which will do anything to eliminate the strip club business. As for the Lariat Club, which was on Old US 275 going southeast from Fremont going towards Omaha, the owner got busted for selling pot and ended up in jail, thus losing his license. He was actually dumb enough to be openly selling his pot out in the open in the club when the Nebraska Liquor Commission (or whatever they call themselves) walked in to do routine business. I thought I had seen it online somewhere that one of the former dancers wanted to re-open the club, but due to zoning laws, it would have to be in the old Lariat Club location, which she didn't want. It's too bad, because I enjoyed both of those clubs in their time.
  • happylap
    16 years ago
    jehu96 and DandyDan, Thanks for the info. I don't think I'll be in Nebraska again anytime soon but I appreciate the update. (So this discussion board IS good for something other than squabbling between members!) hl
  • blahblahblahs
    5 months ago
    Nebraska elected types seem very opposed to letting club 180 stay open: [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion