Secrets strip club . . . the darkside of Angels . . .

Some of you may be aware that the stripclubs Angels and Secrets were under the same ownership. And, that Secrets was culturally and historically very different from Angels. Anyway reading The Herald this morning:

"Rape tale led to strip club manager killing man in Davie, police say" http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/b…

Haven't read this story related to Secrets closely nor do I have any inside information. It is superstitious, but it just seemed that regardless of the quality of ownership or management Secrets is a stripclub with underlying bad vibration. As they say in the real estate biz: location, location, location. ;) BTW, "Secrets" has had many names and the names don't seem to make a difference.

1 comment

• jablake
    16 years ago

Years ago Angels changed it name very briefly to The Glass House. A major renovation, VERY EXPENSIVE, took place and the ownership didn't want all expensive improvements to be sullied by Angels reputation as a DUMP. :)

I complained, of course, that the customers liked Angels as a DUMP and the improvements were a huge negative. Save the glitz and trimmings and like junk for the gentlemen's clubs. About 2 months later the huge expensive signs for "The Glass House" were torn down and fittingly put in dumpsters. I was told that customer after customer complained that they didn't want Angels to be anything other than a first class DUMP. :)

So, I guess a name is important to some people. :)

Anyway, Secrets has at times been used as punishment for dancers at Angels. Secrets has at times been used as reward for dancers at Angels. My last visit to Secrets, different dancers were telling me that their "sentence" at Secrets was almost over and they'd be allowed to work at Angels. It is funny how it has flip flopped back and forth between being a punishment to being a reward.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion