tuscl

Founder, could we have the glossary back?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I lot of newbies are not familiar with the jargon. In fact I would like to see it expanded. Then us old guys would not have to explain that when a dancer takes your dick in her mouth, it is called a BJ.

11 comments

• parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Just ban Shadowcat again, then he won't have to wrack his senile brain answering noobs' questions.
  • nevelsnoot
    16 years ago
    I too would like to see a glossary...I've found a lot of text message like abbreviations that I don't understand (what the hell does YMWV mean. I got onto this site because I thought it would be informative...give me some cool scoop on where to spend my money.
  • Shekitout
    16 years ago
    nevelsnoot: YMMV means 'your mileage may vary'. Am fixing to post a topic re YMMV.
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    What a coincidence.

Just a few minutes ago, I sent FOUNDER a message through "Contact Us" asking him to restore the glossary. I thought it was a useful part of the website. And I assume that Shadowcat was just trying to be cute in his second sentence. As usual, Parodyman comes across as a complete idiot in trying to say stomething derogatory about Parodyman. Oh well, I do enjoy reading Parodyman's posts - when they are coherent.

AGAIN -- FOUNDER GIVE US BACK OUR GLOSSARY
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Shekitout,

He asked about "YMWV", not YMMV, therefore, it is (Y)our (M)ileage (W)ill (V)ary.
  • JerseyJack
    16 years ago
    Guys, check out the links at the bottom of each page. The glossary link is right there.

That said, I would suggest that it should have a more prominent place in the side navigation links.
  • CarolinaWanderer
    16 years ago
    It is at the bottom of the review pages, but no the discussion pages. Founder, could you make it available on the discussion pages?
  • CarolinaWanderer
    16 years ago
    And speaking of abbreviations, a couple of posters use the terms NE and SE. WTF. Any idea what they are trying to imply?
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Yes it is there but who would even think to look for a glossary there. The names in (....) at the end of some terms are the names of the member that submitted it.

NE and SE as used by some people means northern exposure and southern exposure. I think lame terms to use for tits and pussy.
  • CarolinaWanderer
    16 years ago
    I missed that when I was in grade school. Good to know, I guess?
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    Grateful that the glossary is still on the web site. Some of us discussion-board people learned something new, thanks to JerseyJack.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion