tuscl

Weed, OTC, legal question... (not ENTIRELY off-topic)

DougS
Florida
I thought maybe someone here would no the answer to this question...

(first some background info)
I don't do drugs, though have tried MJ in the past (never felt anything, so why use it?) Anyhow, a few times I've OTCed with girls that smoke weed. The first time was in a hotel that allowed smoking, so she smoked it in our room, but she was paranoid enough (BEFORE she smoked) that we took towels from the bathroom and put them at the bottom of the door so that the smell didn't get into the hallway. I wasn't concerned until she did that, but I definitely was a bit uncomfortable after she took that precaution.

The last time was two weeks ago, during at OTC hookup at a "smoke free" hotel. Because she couldn't smoke ANYthing in the room, we went out on the balcony and she lit her joint. We'd been sitting out there enjoying ourselves (she smokin' - both what she was doing and how she was lookin', and me caressin' her), when we spotted a security guard strollin' in the courtyard. Miss OTC quickly put her J out, and we scurried inside.

I would guess the smell would have been very noticeable, since the security guard passed within about 20 feet on a calm night.

IF the guard noticed the smell, would the guard be able to do anything? Search the room? If the weed was found, what would the potential charges be for me? Possession?

I know that there have been times when girls have been "holding" when they've been passengers in my vehicle, which I know could be disastrous, if I got pulled over and it was discovered. I assume I could be charged with possession..

What IS the penalty for possession - first time offense?

7 comments

• shadowcat
    16 years ago
    This could probably be answered better by Chitown. I believe that in most states simple possession is a misdemeanor and would cost you about the same as a traffic ticket. The security guard could not come into your room unless you asked him to. A good attorney could probably convince a judge that you were not the user or possessioner . But if you take it to court then you run the risk of others finding out about it. I always smoke in no smoking rooms when I have made reservations for one and then get there and find out that they do not have one available. I have even been told by the desk clerk to go ahead and do it.

I am reminded of the time a year or so ago when a crack whore staying at my hotel conned me into driving her to her dealers place of business. It didn't take me long to catch on when she started snorting it in my car. I was not happy about it but I made it work for me. Nothing like doing 65mph on I26 with a girl sucking your dick.
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    Depends on the hotel and the state you're in.

I was an assistant manager of a Marriott for 8 years. In Texas, a hotel can evict you quite easily. I threw out several people who actually thought they would set up a drug selling business in the hotel. Telling them that I would call the Police, and that their response time was usually 15 minutes, was enough to have them out in ten minutes.

Liberal states, like California, you could get away with a lot, but like I said-depends on what state you're in.
  • njscfan
    16 years ago
    It depends on the state. Beyond that no one can provide meaningful advice.

By the way, your first time experience on weed is very typical -- most people have little or no high the first time they smoke. Keep smoking and trust me you will get stoned.

As for the chances you are taking I won't even mention some of the ridiculous drug-related chances I took on my recent stripper trip -- it's too embarassing. Luckily no one got caught.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    "The security guard could not come into your room unless you asked him to."

I doubt this is true...if he was a private security guard working on the very private property that he was hired to patrol. I don't think private "cops" have to go by the same rules as the real police. Most cops should have better things to do that bust people for weed IMO.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    In some states carrying a large amount of weed could lead to your car being impounded. A conviction will surely change your insurance rating.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    It's my understanding that the best way to attract a stripper is to wave a bit of drug substance around.

It's also my understanding that the best way to ruin your own life is to start figuring out how to wave a bit of drug substance around. I've got to admit I've been tempted to figuring out how to possess the stuff, but I haven't yet succumbed. I'm not even interested in using it, I hate letting my body get out of control.

I guess I'm pretty smart about some things.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Why bother trying to figure out what the "real rules" are? Those only matter on "Law and Order." The real question is, whether or not you attract enough attention to make your life miserable.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion