tuscl

Create Follies?

I see a lot of people talking about how the old management of follies failing to bring back Follies into Vivid but has anyone thought about this about getting together and just renting a place for these guys to work at which could be something like Follies?
I’m sure if we bunch of pls here got together, we could Come up with the money to may be lease a place or something? Seriously how hard is it guys? Maybe it is who knows, because does anybody know what the height of an actual Follies chair was?

11 comments

• ww
    8 days ago
    If it was easy, it would already be done.

Let it go.
  • Icey
    8 days ago
    Its easy to organize an underground club night.
  • Dolfan
    8 days ago
    If memory serves, Follies shut down after a protracted licensing dispute. I'm not sure about where you live, but here adult entertainment and liquor licenses don't grow on trees. Even the process to move the associated physical address of the business for an existing, valid license is expensive and time consuming.

It's absurd to think a couple guys could toss their money in a pot and open up shop. I mean, it ain't fucking rocket science but the amount of money you'd have to put up is going to be large enough where you're not going to want to be in business with a handful of random perverts from the internet. Not even to consider liability concerns as the associated legal costs to make them manageable.

Perhaps a well funded investment group could realize the profitability and recreate a similar business nearby, but I doubt it would be the best option for their money.

• jmiddle30234
    8 days ago
    Follies. Not coming back. What i don’t understand is where all the strippers went. Don’t see many new faces at TT If I were the follies guys I would be dialing all the girls and offering an incentive to come back
  • ilbbaicnl
    8 days ago
    Whenever I hear how a business hosting nekked women is not viable without booze, I cease to doubt the claims of dropping sperm counts.
  • Icey
    8 days ago
    Rent a large airbnb
    Get strippers.
    Charge a nominal house fee
    Charge a cover and a spending minimum so strippers get paid

The harder part
    Security
    Parking....have them park further and provide shuttle service ie rent a van.
  • Icey
    8 days ago
    Provide alcohol and snacks and music
  • PAWG_Patrol
    7 days ago
    This is like when 2 drunk friends say "dude let's open our OWN bar! How hard could it be??" Completely ignoring the logistics of attaining licenses, zoning restrictions, staffing, promotion, and daily upkeep.

Or you could go the illegal route and have SWAT kick down your door. Just happened last October in ATL: https://www.foxnews.com/us/squatters-arr…
  • goldmongerATL
    7 days ago
    You can't just open a new place. NO Atlanta area municipality will ever issue a new adult entertainment license. That is why "new" clubs replace old clubs in the same location.

The buildings that housed the original Flashers, Mardi Gras, Diamond, and both Doll House locations have been bulldozed. So, scratch those. The Follies building is some restaurant. So is Shooters Alley. Oasis is now basically a movie set.
  • schwanay
    7 days ago
    Fuck so many bad news and a few positive ones? How about byob like here in Texas (I miss ATL) And how a kickstarter campaign lol?!?
  • ww
    7 days ago
    Just open a Follies in Texas.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion