tuscl

Strip Clubs requiring minimum $100 for single dollars

ggofv
Alabama
Atlanta and Birmingham (GA and AL respectively) usually require $100 in exchange for singles.

I'll never forget my first visit to Vivide in GA at dayshift when they said I needed $1000 for singles. I am not making this up, I double checked with the bartender and she said it twice. That's unreasonable. Night shift actually had the $100 minimum.

Is this the norm at other strip clubs?

27 comments

• shadowcat
    3 days ago
    I find that hard to believe. I'm a regular there and have never asked for singles but I doubt that they would even have that many singles on hand for the day shift. Maybe it was her way if saying I can't do it.

I understand that a lot of clubs will charge you as much as 10% to exchange big bills for singles but requiring a $1000 minimum is ridiculous. I'd talk to a manager.
  • Icey
    3 days ago
    Clubs ive been to Wil break anything. The problem im seeing though is being short changed.

If i like the girls i tip fives instead of ones nowadays. Inflation lulz
  • 15bnyc
    3 days ago
    never had a problem breaking $100 (NYC/NJ clubs). Many clubs have pre-stacked $100 singles ready to go
  • ggofv
    3 days ago
    @ shadowcat, in hindsight it may have been an "inside joke" that she couldn't do it. Nobody was tipping on the stage that day in Vivide (dayshift before 5 pm). Every PL has getting lapdances or in the skybox.
  • ggofv
    3 days ago
    @15bnyc, yeah I noticed that. Some urban clubs in Birmingham require you have 100. They won't break a 20. I don't see the point in this other than attempt to get you to spend more money. I once read on a Instagram (for a different club) that drink sales and strippers have a deal and that both sides were heavily encouraged (ie mandated) to support each other.
  • twentyfive
    3 days ago
    I've never had that problem here in South Florida, if anything the bartenders and waitresses making change give too many singles, unnecessarily, I hate giving the bartender a hundred or a fifty dollar bill, and getting a shit load of singles as change.
  • RonJax2
    3 days ago
    What an odd rule. It seems like you'd just be making it more difficult for patrons to tip dancers. Why would a club want to do that?

Like if I was at a club and they wouldn't break a twenty for me, I'd be like "OK, I guess I'm not tipping the stage then!"
  • funonthaside
    3 days ago
    Could be that they gave them banded in sets of $100, and it makes it easier to exchange. It's still a stupid, rule, though. Seems that it was implemented by a lazy cashier / bartender.
  • Icey
    3 days ago
    Ive seen them break the bands on hundreds and slip a few out if you get change at the bar. Ill ask the cashier in front for change most of the time. Or the manager.

But if youre just trying to change like a 5 or 20 at a club thats being cheap af.

If you want a small amount buy a drink and ask for ones as change
  • Jascoi
    3 days ago
    Where I go girls love singles.
  • Jascoi
    3 days ago
    But I'm sure they don't like dollar coins.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 days ago
    Incorrect Icey. Many people dont go to clubs for stage tipping purposes. Youre saying people who want to exchange a $20 for $1s are cheap, but they may be spending hundreds on dances, or a bunch on drinks. Stage tipping is only one aspect of clubs and you dont have to engage in it.
  • whodey
    3 days ago
    I've never run into a club that had a minimum amount to get singles, but I avoid the "make it rain" type clubs that I imagine would be most likely to have a minimum.

The only time I had a club turn me down when I asked for singles was when the bartender said she didn't have enough singles to do it. She offered to find a dancer to trade me for singles and asked me what type of girls I prefer. Within less than five minutes I had a girl who was just my type come up and ask if I was the one who needed singles. She was so much my type that we ended up in a vip session instead and I completely forgot to get singles from her.
  • gammanu95
    3 days ago
    It wasn't a minimum but I changed a c-note for singles last week. I would have gladly taken 20 singles and mixed larger bills, but she could only give singles. 100 $1 bills is a thick fucking stack which does not fit neatly in your pocket. It's a deal-breaker for me. Just give 20s for your drinks and collect the change in single.
  • will42
    3 days ago
    Ive asked for singles at Pony, TT and Vivid in Atlanta, there is no minimum
  • ggofv
    3 days ago
    @ gammanu95, I agree. Its always a burden for me to carry a thick stack of singles. The other issue is that it's fresh meat for the vultures. You know the chicks always watching the ATM section or the the bartenders. Sometimes it's a really hot chick, but you know they had to be watching literally seconds ago to approach you that fast. My wallet is minimalist so I can only carry a few bills. About 40.
  • ggofv
    3 days ago
    @will42, it could just be my timing. TT never gave me a problem for singles. I think high mileage nights with lots of customers pushes bartenders to find a way to make their singles stretch. The minimum is a good way to do it. Personally, I have found that just getting the money a certain way from the bank erases this problem.
  • dirtyburt
    3 days ago
    @ the Flight Club …… you give them $100 and they give you only 90 singles back.
    What a deal that is..
  • Icey
    3 days ago
    Some clubs charge to change your money. Id never ask there
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 days ago
    Been a few months since I was in Vivide. I've gotten twenty singles there on several occasions from the bartender. Tipped a $1 but wasn't asked to. But, maybe it's another bad change along with stricter rules about contact for dances on the floor. In any case, there's only sporadic stage dance at Vivide during the day shift.
  • ggofv
    2 days ago
    @ ilbbaicnl, Its possible I just had a new bartender who didn't want to break bills that day shift.

Also, nightshift with full parking lot encourages them to only break into 100 ones. it probably reduces the workload of breaking everything into $20 dollar stacks AND managing the bar with a staff of 3.

Has anyone noticed strip club bars are always woefully understaffed
  • Dolfan
    2 days ago
    It doesn't seem that unreasonable to me to have a $100 minimum. If I was a regular and tipped the bartender or waitress decently, I'd expect her to break the rule and give me $10 or $20 in singles if I asked nicely and I'd expect her to expect that I tip her 2-3 bucks for it; similar to what I'd tip her for bringing me a drink.

But, I can see how it's much easier for the club to have singles in $100 wraps and just sell them that way. It's error prone and time consuming for a bartender to count out more than 10-15 bills on a regular basis, or to have both 50 & 100 wraps.
  • gammanu95
    2 days ago
    ^no, these were paperclipped sets of 20 $1s, plus it was Vixens - the supposedly "upscale" gentlemen's club in Fort Myers. Ironically, divey, dirty Lookers had no problem giving me 20 singles and four Jacksons.
  • Studme53
    a day ago
    Fuck that. I’ve told dancers making the rounds that I don’t have any singles to tip them and they’ve offered to make change - for a $20. Not ideal, but better than having to carry around a stack of $1s. Ridiculous.
  • JayTeeDee
    17 hours ago
    Never had anyone refuse to break a 20 in ATL clubs -- in the parking lot, at the door or at the bar.
  • ggofv
    11 hours ago
    I see you guys saying "it's never happened to me". Hopefully it will revert back to that. I honestly think I just had a new bartender or I just came at a very busy time.
  • funonthaside
    5 hours ago
    Simple....Dancer comes to you during tip walk, and you tell her you don't have any $1s, as the bartender will only make change for $100. The dancer will fix that problem real fast....but it may come at the expense of the bartender's nose.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion