tuscl

Tootsie's?

Doug
Texas
Thursday, May 1, 2008 1:54 AM
I previously asked about clubs in Key West because I will be there in early July. I received some helpful feedback. It turns out that I will also be in South Beach, Miami for one night. I would like to go to a club in the area. For those of you who have been there, is Tootsie's everything it is cracked (sorry!) up to be? Any help would be appreciated.

13 comments

• jgb133
    16 years ago
    It is OK, When I visited three years ago, I got a decent dance from the girl. I think that the booths you get put into for these was a little cheesy. Maybe it's changed since then. I did like the fact it was easy to find and seemed to be somewhat safe of an area to be in. I liked it. I'll go back when I'm in the area.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    If you have $$$, then I think you'll like it a bunch or if you just like to watch then I think you'll probably love it. :) I don't care for Tootsies AT ALL, but that imo is an extreme minority view.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    jgb133, Three years ago, wasn't it still the middle Tootsie's and not the new one?
  • jgb133
    16 years ago
    Clubber, All I remember were the crappy booths you got the private dances in. If you are implying it has changed since I reviewed it three years ago, then I would not know what to expect now.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    There have been at least three Tootsie's. The first I remember was at the 199th Street location, but just a typical local club. Dancers just took quarters for the juke box as tips. Myself and a few others would often stop by after work. I don't even remember if they had anything there other than the stage dancing. That same location became what many refer to as the "old" Tootsie's, after an extensive remodel. The private area there was just some couches in the back in a somewhat secluded area. Maybe those were the "crappy booths". I only visited there a few times and went into the back maybe twice. Some time later, but I believe it was less than three years ago, the new 183rd Street (old BJ's, I believe), Tootsie's opened. Ironic how some things work out. That was the reason for my question.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    The first or real old Tootsie's was, imo, the BEST. A total dive with slutty dancers. I probably could have lived there, but the music shook the damn walls and everything else. It would take me about 3 days to get my hearing back.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    jablake, Agreed! But then, I've not been to the new club.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    Hi clubber, Well, the new club has its positives. I'm just not going to be happy at any club, I don't think I would, where the price is $25 a dance. Apparently, for a lot of stripclubbers that isn't a deal killer. One huge positive for me at Tootsie's is that I can spend less money than at Angels, if I don't buy any dances. Reason being the dancers at Tootsie's weren't coming around for $1 tips. An old boss of mine didn't have any qualms about saying NO to dancers seeking a $1 tip for their stage show--that would depress the hell out of me.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    I, too, do not like to begrudge the dance a buck, and rarely do. I have, on occasions. I know you like Angels, but I don't think I would ever be comfortable in a black club, plus, I do not particularly like viewing black/dark women. $25 is more than I like to spend, of course, but many clubs are still at the $20 level. Actually, I don't think customer likes paying anything. FREE would be wonderful! Real world, $25+ is becoming the norm.
  • Doug
    16 years ago
    Nobody has said much about the mileage of the dances they have experienced and the best time to go. And what about the type of girls who generally work at Tootsie's-------i.e., age, color, nationality, etc. I would appreciate comments regarding those issues from persons who have fairly recently frequented Tootsie's. Is it far from the South Beach area? Thanks.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    Angels definitely isn't for everyone (and NOT just due to skin color; the small white clubs when they were allowed seemed to have a starkly different culture). Not interested in FREE at all and I don't mind paying even high prices if it is within my budget. FREE is actually a turn-off . . . it really doesn't seem similar to paying for a service i.e. dances. There is, for me, a confelicity in paying, that is extremely enjoyable. If I wanted free, then that is what I would work at getting. YUCK. With my dancer buddy who is refusing to sell or provide free except on her terms, think drip-drop, it would be like having a real girlfriend. Very unpleasant because the volume of free is much lower than I would like. So dancer buddy is willing to provide FREE and how is that a good deal for me? Even if she provided FREE at a volume that I wanted, it still wouldn't be a good deal. It would be a relationship with all the problems that go with that. I want the fantasy girl friend experience and not a real relationship. Anyway, $20 is way out of my budget. If I'm doing well, then heck for many dancers it would be a bargain because they do such a fantastic job.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    Hi Doug, Mileage has historically been excellent. Sorry, that I can't be helpful since I haven't been in maybe 6 months. Of course, I haven't bought any dance since the price went to $25----the dancers I spoke with said there weren't any dances cheaper than that. When I use to buy, I would pay $10 and get high mileage.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    jablake, "Free" was sarcasm. Doug, There are LOTS of reviews for Tootsie's. Look them up!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion