tuscl

Another failure for Atlanta.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Rumor is the club will shut down in 2 weeks due to lack of customers, etc. The manager Jimi Brown has posted this on IG:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/jimi_b…

So it looks like Onyx will be the next attempt for him. He was bouncer/mgr at Follies, Diamond club, Gib's Jazz Bar & Lounge, Alure and now Onyx.

17 comments

• BigYansh69
    3 months ago
    Damn. Falling like Dominoes. Hope he's witnessed what has failed enough times and changes strategies.
  • ggofv
    3 months ago
    why does this establishment keep failing. They had AMAZING dancers last time I went a few months ago.

is Onyx any good ? I'll check the reviews
  • ggofv
    3 months ago
    Onyx is TERRIBLE from the reviews. No chance at extras. All Air dancing. Not visiting.

I'd rather try Seductions.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 months ago
    May try one last visit. At first, they were giving good mileage on lap dances, but then dancers were told to hold back and push VIP. Add in the annoying video blogging of customers for their IG.
  • doctorevil
    3 months ago
    Shame. I’ve had a good time almost every time I’ve been there. If you don’t know what I consider a good time, look at some of my reviews.
  • PAWG_Patrol
    3 months ago
    ATL club scene is struggling damn
  • goldmongerATL
    3 months ago
    The club instagram now has posts by dancers saying "the crew" will be moving to Onyx.
  • Capt Obvious
    3 months ago
    Per instagram, looks like the Onyx thing starts July 29. I’ll read the old Onyx reviews but those that say no chance for extras, etc….is that because of the club layout or management? Club layout is a problem but new management may change the lack of extras
  • goldmongerATL
    3 months ago
    Onyx has 5 reviews last 6 years? is my phone messing up? Review says VIP rooms with solid doors like TT, but no extras. So the facility is there if this roving band of extras girls are going to be there day shift and turn it into the whorehouse we all hope it will become.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 months ago
    Are there no immigrants or latinas there. Why are extras so tough. Also air dancing is a scam unless theyre telling you up front that no touching is allowed etc
  • goldmongerATL
    3 months ago
    Well, I tried. Went by after work. As I pulled in there was a customer walking in from the lot. The house mom or whoever was outside with the security guy making a video of the parking lot being half full and was filming this guy. I kept driving out the other side of the lot.

Hopefully they will not continue this brain damaged doxxing of customers at Onyx. Their Instagram must be a divorce lawyer's wet dream.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 months ago
    IG page has changed names. Instead of calling themselves the reincarnation of Oasis, they are now the reincarnation of Follies, LOL!

Follies_at_Onyx

It’s not Buford Highway but it’s pretty damn close !!! The real Follies gang is back!!! HOSTED BY ONYX 1888 Cheshire Bridge Road NE
  • boomer79
    3 months ago
    Allure never could get off the ground but I had some good times there. I also know girls who might have gone there if things had picked up. I do wonder how many people knew about it outside of the TUSCL type crowd.

Onyx is in a more visible location but I don’t know if it will work. It might be a day shift that is different from the night that shift club. I don’t know. I haven’t been there since it was called Masters many years ago.
  • 5footguy
    3 months ago
    Well, read some of the recent reviews for the O. Several of us pretty much called this one. I was very hopeful but after a handful of visits, it was clear that they just weren't addressing the issues there. Slow and apathetic bartenders, girls who would not get off their ass, filming the parking lot, and so much more. Such a beautiful place too. What a shame.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 months ago
    Will wait until the huge opening day crowd dies down. On IG they have posted MANY clips and photos of an absolutely empty club. One short clip shows a bar with about 4 customers. Maybe the rest were all in VIP?
  • Capt Obvious
    3 months ago
    To piggyback on what goldmonger said…..those IG stories aren’t giving me much hope for better looking dancers either. Looks like the same rough looking ones from O and maybe a few new ones that blend in.
  • ReadyToMonger
    3 months ago
    I think its because Atlanta has a high gay population, larger than NYC and just right behind Seattle and San Francisco.

So interest in women is not there, the ones who are interested are mainly deadbeat rapper wannabe thugs who get $40 in singles and throw them on the stage because they think it makes them look rich, but to anyone with money it looks like a damn joke.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion