tuscl

The story behind the space ship.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

7 comments

• Muddy
    2 months ago
    I had no idea about Futuro homes. That is badass. I would live in one.
  • PAWG_Patrol
    2 months ago
    Strange and interesting history! Thanks for posting.
  • TheeOSU
    2 months ago
    'While not overly popular, a few did sell — such as was the case with Gwendolyn Zerby, a woman in her 70s who was looking for a home that kept her safe and didn’t need much maintenance.'

Well if she was looking for safety from a burgler or attack that could fit the bill. The ironic thing is that if she was looking for hurricane protection the fact that it's mounted on a small traditional house that could collapse or blow apart under heavy winds could lead to increasing the danger if she was inside it at the time.

Anyway, cool story and I wouldn't mind having one as a secondary home.
  • gammanu95
    2 months ago
    I had a ROB named Michelle sucker me for a lot of money in that thing
  • Book Guy
    2 months ago
    I always associated the 2001 Odyssey's "spaceship" room with the Flying Saucer Restaurant in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

https://flyingsaucerrestaurant.com/

But it turns out the restaurant is not exactly the same futuro-home as the strip club.
  • Book Guy
    2 months ago
    And, I used to go to Mons Venus and/or 2001 Odyssey pretty regularly in the early 2000s, but always found them both to be under-performing in terms of mileage. They were both full nude and generally had super-duper-super-super-hotty-perfect women dancing so they were worth the trip, and perhaps the grinding lappers, but you probably weren't going to get decent higher levels of service at either except once in a rare while YMMV.
    2 months ago
    Who knew. I always thought it was a custom build. Never been in it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion