tuscl

Explosion at La Carreta?

RonJax2
Strip Club Connoisseur
I'm just back from a trip to TJ (reviews, eventually will be forthcoming).

On Saturday afternoon (the 29th), I was having lunch with a chica on the balcony at Azul. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon with good food, drinks and company, and we were having a blast.

And then suddenly.... BOOM.

I got up from my chair and across the alleyway, all I could see was smoke billowing out onto the street from the doorway of La Carreta. I thought it best to GTFO so I promptly paid the tab and took the chica back to the club. We did stay just long enough to notice that both the municipal police and the army showed up within like 90 seconds of the explosion.

I have no idea if anyone was hurt. It could've been something trivial like the helium tank they use to blow up balloons ruptured on the street. Or it could've been a bomb inside the building that actually killed people.

I'm thinking it was something more trivial because I haven't been able to find any info about this anywhere else. But, does anyone else here know what I'm talking about? Anyone have any real info as far as what happened?

5 comments

• captainfun
    4 months ago
    That’s wild Ron. Will be curious to hear what it was - though it may never be reported. Way too close for comfort and glad you were safe.
  • OPIllini96
    4 months ago
    Wow. That’s crazy. Would like to hear what exactly happened. Hopefully, it’s nothing nefarious or evil like a hit on the owners.
  • RonJax2
    4 months ago
    Yeah, it was wild indeed.

I just checked again, and the only news I can find about a Tijuana explosion is from a building downtown that exploded like a year ago.

My guess is, it was some stupid shit, like a helium tank, or some poorly maintained kitchen apparatus. Otherwise, surely I'd be finding news about it?
  • TJ Walker
    4 months ago
    Stupid shit like a sewer?
  • PutaTester
    3 months ago
    Cannot be a helium tank. Helium is an inert gas. Just something for your trivia folder.

Methane (sewer gas) is possible. Propane is also possible. Maybe one of the street vendors was storing tanks there.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion