tuscl

Generation Z is deliberately ignorant

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
Thursday, June 27, 2024 11:15 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/gen-zs-most-t…

The article is particularly concerning to me, because it shows a fundamental lack of principle. Where it reads that Gen Z seeks out the views of their peers and influencers to determine where their own views should be, is completely contradictory to the sort if individual intellectual autonomy that is necessary for a self-governing nation. That behavior is what creates a perpetual ruling class of elites, who grow increasingly disconnected from the people they govern and what is necessary to improve the lives and welfare of the nation. That ruling class of elites similarly looks to their peers and influencers for direction, ever travelling away from what is best for the everyday American and serving the interest of top 1% of 1%.

The failure is owed to the parents who failed to properly parent and raise their children, and to the local governments and state governments which allowed public schools and higher education to move away from education and instruction into guidance and indoctrination. I do not believe it is accurate to dismiss this article as fearmongering and doomsaying. Look around and really examine your daily interaction with Gen Z in everything from dining out, to shopping, to any in your workplace Very, very few of them are truly prepared to grow in their present career and take over the upper management and executive roles. You think AOC and MGT are bad? They're Millennials. Their Gen Z follow-ons are going to be much, much worse. It is like we are deliberately surrendering our status as the global superpower.

27 comments

• Puddy Tat
    2 months ago
    Is this the generation that posts TikToks of themselves screaming and crying when someone "misgenders" them?

We parented them, though. We fucked them up. We created these algorithms for them to self-segregate, coddled them from the world.

Shit, Google studying this? They were the worst at doing it. Buncha self-righteous fucks saying "don't be evil" while actively filtering what they say. Their corporation is notoriously the worst, making engineers evaluate the "diversity impact" of three lines of code.

We're hi-key fucked, fam, frfr.
  • motorhead
    2 months ago
    How many times did the commentator say “diversity”.

The future of this country is quite bleak if diversity is a more important criteria than credentials.
  • skibum609
    2 months ago
    A history of successful, diverse countries: . A history of failed diverse countries: Yugoslavia; Russia; United States; France; Lebanon; Israel; Zimbabwe; South Africa.
  • shailynn
    2 months ago
    You had me for a sec, MGT (assuming you mean Majorie Taylor Greene) is a Gen Xr - she’s 50. Apologies if MGT means something else.

I used to think all millennials were morons but now that most of them are hovering around the age of 40 I know several successful and competent ones, although I also know a lot that still rely on their parents for a lot of things (not just financially).

I have a Gen X sibling and they have 3 Gen Z kids. All of them (including the parents) use TikTok as an encyclopedia, 4 of the 5 in the group think it’s their mission in life to look impressive on social media and 2 of them think the only path of success is to become a social media influencer. My sibling’s spouses income went through the roof during COVID which finances most of this bullshit for the family.

Kids are stupid, and to me, most people are “kids” until they are living on their own supporting themselves. Whether that happens when someone is 18 or 35 is to be determined. Eventually most of them snap out of it and grow up, hopefully leading successful lives. I see the OPs concern though, thinking these “kids” are never going to grow up. You can thank social media for that. People’s expectations are just too high because they’re being “influenced” by the few.

Young people don’t understand if you have a house, paid off by the time you reach 50, have 2 decent cars, a retirement fund, some money saved up, secure job you’re doing pretty good these days.

No they don’t want any of that, they live with their parents, demand trips to Dubai and Bali and have to have a new Tesla even though they made $35k a year. They don’t want a house because they view it as a stupid burden and rather live at home or rent and spend their money on experiences.
  • gammanu95
    2 months ago
    A history of successful, diverse countries: the United States of America 1887-1994. Circa 92-94 is when people became more concerned with political correctness and allowing themselve to be hurt by words. That was when people stopped being Black Americans and becamr African-Americans.
    That was all the time it took for Clinton to erode our status on the global stage to embolden our enemies, and destroy trust in the government for anti-federal militias and SovCits to take hold. That was when Cali turned blue. Prior to all of that, our diversity was a strength as a melting pot. Now, immigrants and special interests want their own way at the expense of everyone else- particularly the tax payers.

MGT may have been born GenX, but she has the mentality and emotional literacy if a Millennial. I also wanted to be balanced and lambast extreme left and right. We can replace her with Matt Gaetz, if you prefer.
  • CJKent_band
    2 months ago
    I will play along and comment on this so called discussion.

The title reads, and I quote:
    “Generation Z is deliberately ignorant”

It should read:

“Americans are deliberately ignorant, paranoid, hypocrites and ungrateful malcontents and live in denial.”

“That denial, ignorance and paranoid behavior is what creates in America a perpetual ruling class of elites, who grow increasingly disconnected from the people they govern and what is necessary to improve the lives and welfare of the nation.

That ruling class of elites similarly looks to their peers and influencers for direction, ever travelling away from what is best for the everyday American and serving the interest of top 1% of 1%.”

TIFFY you are welcome.

:D
  • rattdog
    2 months ago
    i have to say that i've been real fortunate in that around 96% of my dealings with the Z group i found them to be quite normal. no signs of slight retardation as far as i've witnessed.

i only deal with them though through a transactional basis. mainly they are at work as cashiers or eatery waitstaff. and of course the young dancers at the clubs.

so for me if i'm not engaging with them the way i do as pointed above there really is no point to associate with them. generally they're not my scene, type of crowd.
  • shailynn
    2 months ago
    Matt Gaetz is a perfect substitute- when is he going to prison again?
  • wallanon
    2 months ago
    "Shit, Google studying this? They were the worst at doing it. Buncha self-righteous fucks saying "don't be evil" while actively filtering what they say. Their corporation is notoriously the worst, making engineers evaluate the "diversity impact" of three lines of code."

If the Internet commerce and social media companies were doing this, why would they limit it to "Gen Z"? And if the experience of the online public were to be altered gradually yet uniformly in a comfortably personalized way, would most people even be aware of it?
  • Puddy Tat
    2 months ago
    @wallanon - They are. Gen Z is just the most hooked up to tech and therefore the most susceptible (again our fault, we outsourced parenting to screens), they didn't come of she before the net and particularly social media. And most people are not aware of it.

@gammanu - "That was when people stopped being Black Americans and becamr African-Americans."

Actually I hear them being called black Americans again. No idea when African Americans stopped being in vogue. They're also very different from what they call Caribbeans and Africans, even if the gene pool is the same.
  • Puddy Tat
    2 months ago
    *Come of age
  • wallanon
    2 months ago
    "@wallanon - They are. Gen Z is just the most hooked up to tech and therefore the most susceptible (again our fault, we outsourced parenting to screens), they didn't come of she before the net and particularly social media. And most people are not aware of it."

Well if we're still here in a couple of years let's revisit this again. I've been hanging around on TUSCL for the past twenty so odds are I'll still be around if the site is.
  • gammanu95
    2 months ago
    I'll self-identify as Black for this and speak for the rest of us: "African [-American] Live Matter" was too much effort to write on a protest sign and Elon Musk taking a right turn and being African-American was problematic.
  • twentyfive
    2 months ago
    Actually I listened to Smokey Robinson speaking on this very subject a few weeks ago, and he said he refuses to identify as anything other than American because he’s of the opinion that identifying as a hyphenated anything diminishes his and other Black folks contributions to this country, he added that many so called black folks are not from Africa.
  • Dolfan
    2 months ago
    Get off my lawn.
  • gammanu95
    2 months ago
    ^Identical to gen Z. A celebrity said something that sounds like something he can agree with, so he will now take that celebrity's utterance and share it as factual paradigm for the rest of that demographic (black Americans). (Yeah, he's gonna take that as a personal attack, whatever). A very, very old singer who is going to be about as out of touch with modern life and Gen Z as physically possible cannot knowledgeably speak about what Gen Z is thinking. Furthermore, other Gen Z would read that opinion and discard it as incorrect because of the dated nature of the origin and because it is a minority opinion until adopted and endorsed by the most followed tik-tokers. If that happens, then what is factual i.e. what a majority of black Americans really think, becomes less important than what the TikTok thought leaders tell you to think. Calling it illogical (how Gen Z gets their information and "forms" their opinion) really doesn't describe it. It's a complete surrender of one's own reasoning and critical thought.
  • gammanu95
    2 months ago
    Not Dolfan, obviously.
  • twentyfive
    2 months ago
    As far as I know he was speaking for himself, your opinion is an uninformed word salad at best.
    SMH
  • crosscheck
    2 months ago
    I read it yesterday. I found it disturbing.
  • Book Guy
    2 months ago
    I am very disappointed in these people who are entitled woke bitches (Gen Z) and in these other people who are peddling their own bullshit while feeding it to us (Google) and these other people who are finding "alternative facts" (most of you idiots in this thread) and a lot of these other people who are worried about their personal hobby horses (the rest of you idiots).

Very interesting read. I think it's probably a fair, anthropologically sound although statistically weak, description of "what goes on in their heads."

The best comment(s) here are the ones that re-describe this trend as, no longer using the word "illogical", instead saying, "non-logical." It's not that they take the right evidence but add it up poorly to a probably wrong conclusion. Nor is it that they take wrong evidence as fact and then add it up to an inevitably wrong conclusion. It's that they don't take evidence and don't add it up.

I see a whole generation of "useful idiots", masses begging for administration of "influence" and ignoring anything otherwise. Both Right and Left are trying to pander to them in order to use them. Note our biases: I think the Right does a better job at misleading and therefore using and abusing those masses than does the Left, but that is probably because I generally vote Left; I suspect those of you who generally vote Right probably think the Left has been doing more effective pandering.

Either way, it's an interesting paradigm shift. Basically, what this article teaches me is, STOP USING FACTS. Get a hot chick with nice tits, put her in a yoga outfit, write a lot of comments, and parade a sign near her.

Heck, Budweiser has been doing it for generations. Don't show the beer. Don't show the beer being tasty or healthful or quenching. Just show the lovely horses. Or the tits. Like this: TITS Budweiser TITS. See, people buy your product that way.

It's the strip-club-ification of the USA. Why complain?
  • skibum609
    2 months ago
    Lmao Dolfan. Hysterical. I agree with Smokey. My cousin calls himself "sicilian American". In reality no one has a clue where a mongrel comes from. Every time he says it, I respond: "how do they say dumb fuck in Italian" and he gets mad.
    No matter what you believe, if you only read what one side has to say, then you're a dumb fuck. That is why all progressives are dumb fucks and all Trumpists are dumb fucks.
    I am a conservative. I live in one of the most liberal areas of the entire country, in a profession overrun by political correctness and yet somehow manage to survive and thrive. Why? Easy. We're pretty equally divided and equally divided is eternal stalemate (see WW1), we're no one ever wins, but everyone loses. The melting pot (the loss of which is the single greatest tragedy in American history) was all about mixing together and compromise. Now we're all in these little "communities" battling for the title of biggest victim ever. We're fucking Yugoslavia after Tito died. So glad to have lived most of my life in real America. Miss ya bro.
  • gammanu95
    2 months ago
    Leftists are dumb fucks. MAGAs are dumb fucks. Never Trumpers are dumb fucks. We're all bunch of dumb fucks. That's helpful. That's as helpful as people who scroll directly to the comments to be told what to think.

Maybe if we had taught Millennials and Gen Z how to think critically instead of what to think and critical race theory, we wouldn't be a country full of dumb fucks trying to choose between a giant douche and turd sandwich to lead the free world.
  • shailynn
    2 months ago
  • Muddy
    2 months ago
    I mean look at these colleges. Would y'all go to an Ivy league today if you were accepted? I wouldn't want to be around that stuff. When you have that large a chunk of kids who support an islamic terrorist group I mean your campus is totally fucked. Talk about the opposite of enlightenment.
  • Muddy
    2 months ago
    Did you see that Judge Duncan speech at Stanford Law school? Those LAW STUDENTS, like grown ass adults and they were making these noises to silence that judge, it was like right out of a third grade classroom. Has it devolved that much? Jesus these are the folks that are going to be shepards of our justice system down the road.
  • Book Guy
    2 months ago
    I love @shailynn's meme, does indeed sum it up. I agree with @skibum609, the loss of "melting pot" sensibility is a great metaphor for what's going wrong -- isolated communities all insisting on victimhood. What's the profession that's overrun by political correctness? University professors? Victims' rights advocates? Slave reparations panhandlers?
  • wallanon
    2 months ago
    "a great metaphor for what's going wrong -- isolated communities all insisting on victimhood"

Is it insisting on victimhood or simply insisting on "something"? Doesn't everyone have something they'd embrace as a cause or call out for change?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion