tuscl

Recommendations for Trip to NYC

Saturday, May 25, 2024 1:32 PM
I'm making a trip to Brooklyn in August and won't be driving. I'm thinking of hitting up Vixen, Show Palace, Gallagher 2k and Riviera all based on reviews. I've been to both Flashdancers and looking for something where my money stretches a bit further. Any different recommendations or am I good to go here?

8 comments

• rickdugan
    a month ago
    That's not a bad list. You might want to add Pumps, which is an interesting little club. Just be aware that the concept of "money stretching a bit further" is very relative when talking about NYC. They may be a few bucks cheaper per drink, but the drinks will still be expensive by normal non-NYC standards. Also the borough clubs find plenty of other ways of relieving you of cash quickly, such as stages inside the bar with frequent tip walks and barside tip hustles by the girls (especially Riviera). None of these clubs will in any way resemble your home town hangout. These girls pay very high house fees to be in most of these clubs, so the hustle factor can be very high. I say all of that to prepare you. If you don't mind dropping several benjis for the novelty then by all means enjoy, but if you're looking for anything remotely approaching decent ROI then you'll likely be disappointed. If dropping some Benjamins for the novelty experiences is worth it for you then I can only say have fun.
  • WiseToo
    a month ago
    You mentioned you are making a trip to Brooklyn, yet all the clubs you mentioned are located in Queens. Since you are not driving, how do you plan on getting around to the different clubs from Brooklyn, especially at night? Transportation to the clubs needs to be thought out in advance, as well as the cost. The NYC subway is not a viable option.
  • outoftowner231
    a month ago
    That's a good point and not something I thought too deeply about @wisetoo. Last I was there I used the subway but you're saying it's not going to get me around too well in Queens. I'll use Google maps to check out the transport situation as I'm okay with subway+bus and revise the recs.
  • rickdugan
    a month ago
    Bus? LOL. Riviera, Gallaghers and Show Palace are fairly easy to access by subway. Pumps can also be accessed by subway, but it's a bit of a hike from the station to the club through a less than wonderful area. Vixen is a bus or Uber ride. When I stay in Manhattan and club in Queens/Brooklyn, I will sometimes take the subway out as it is often faster than going by car, especially early in the evening. But I would never return late at night by public transport.
  • rattdog
    a month ago
    the subways are a royal pain in the ass to use, especially on weekends. use this for subway updates: [view link] this will help plan out in advance on getting around.
  • WiseToo
    a month ago
    I think Gallaghers and Show Palace are your best bet. Gallaghers and Show Palace are fairly close and are just either one or two stations apart on the 7 train which is elevated. Show Palace is the Queensboro Plaza Station. Gallaghers is on 37th Street which is in-between the 33rd Rawson St. and 40th Lowery St. stations. You easily can go to both of these clubs in one trip. I think Gallaghers is in a safer neighborhood and the 40th Lowery St. station is in a more populated area, but walking to the train and taking the train is risky at night. Your challenge is how to access the 7 train from where you are located in Brooklyn.
  • Jmanskald
    a month ago
    There’s this private club that I used to frequent when I was in Manhattan. DM if interested.
  • tstarky10
    a month ago
    I’d say Show Palace in LIC/Queens easy to get to car/train , & it’s full nude VIP starting $75 it’s just no alcohol if that’s your thing
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion