Ex-dancer testifies about drug use at Pharaoh's

Thursday, February 22, 2024 12:08 PM
This seems all too typical of dancers. "She started using drugs at an after-work party after her first shift as a dancer in 2007, she said, but before long she was using a gram of cocaine a day, smoking marijuana twice a day and drinking “a lot.”" [view link]

6 comments

So much for personal responsibility. And, the above quote states she started using it at an AFTER-party. So stripper parties are the only places where substance abuse occurs? Sounds like she wasn't the prettiest girl there, or wasn't the highest earner, so she's taking the stereotypical stripper approach of getting club into hot water when she doesn't like something.
funonthaside
3 months ago
I guess out there it’s not like some Midwestern areas where I’ve seen dancers in their 40s who maintain their recreational habits, have aged blatantly, but don’t care because customers still buy from anyways. And quite a few are mothers as well.
nicespice
3 months ago
@jackslash I will play along and comment on your discussion. First a quote from the article: “Among his other federal charges, Bongiovanni is on trial for allegedly taking bribes from two sources: the Ron Serio drug-trafficking organization and Gerace.” So “allegedly” there are drug-trafficking organizations and corrupt police/government-officials north of the Happiest Place on Earth? Can you people believe that? [view link]
CJKent_band
3 months ago
My visit to Pharaohs was one of the most boring, low energy clubs I'd ever seen. Not a lot going on other than them hawking cheap ass tacos. Never would've guessed there was anything going on behind the scenes!
PAWG_Patrol
3 months ago
Well I guess that club is going to be trying to be extra clean for a while. Cross the border! I was there about a year ago and it was better than the other Buffalo clubs - which isn't saying much. No extra fun was offered to me.
ancientlurker
3 months ago
Seems like, in places with relatively low real estate costs, you're likely to have titty bars who will let nearly anyone who can pay the house fee dance. Depending on how much the town/county/state politicians like to grandstand. When such clubs are banned, at least as likely the women with substance problems end up doing sex work in worse situations, than they will just say no. But I'm skeptical a woman with a gram-a-day coke habit will still be able to finance that by dancing when she's in her 40s.
ilbbaicnl
3 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion