tuscl

Disappearing Private messages

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
Friday, February 9, 2024 3:58 PM
I’ve noticed that a very long thread of PMs have disappeared from my inbox. Can we delete threads and if so do they delete from the other persons inbox/outbox as well? I have a follow up statement based on being made aware.

17 comments

• misterorange
    5 months ago
    Yes there's a button to delete an entire string of messages from another member. It looks like might be easy to hit by accident, but there is a pop-up confirmation before you delete for good. Not sure if it deletes on the other end.
  • Dolfan
    5 months ago
    Message me, I'll respond, then you can delete it and I'll let ya know if it deletes it on my end.
  • misterorange
    5 months ago
    Good idea. Just sent.
  • founder
    5 months ago
    Both parties need to delete before it gets actually deleted It should stop showing up in your list once you delete
  • Jascoi
    5 months ago
    I still got messages from 7 years ago. and I like that.
  • BumHip
    5 months ago
    We should have as many changes to this platform as often as possible. No one like getting used to something, and being able to use it without having to figure it out every 8-16 months. Stability is for suckers. Right FOUNDER?
  • founder
    5 months ago
    BumHip, that's just rude. I'm going to be able to add features now that I rewrote the whole thing. The old version was very fragile behind the scenes. Sorry you gotta figure out how to use a 21st century website.
  • misterorange
    5 months ago
    Hey Dolfan, got your message. I'm gonna delete now. Let me know what happens on your side.
  • misterorange
    5 months ago
    Ok, the thread disappeared on my side.
  • misterorange
    5 months ago
    Hey!!! We got the pics back. [view link]
  • Dolfan
    5 months ago
    What I see is weird. When I click on conversations, I see a message that appears to come from myself but contains what misterorange wrote in his latest message on the conversation screen. If I click on the message, instead of being taken to the thread it takes me to a conversation with myself. It appears to break other messages too, I got a other messages from other members, but again in my conversation list they look like they're from me and when I click on them I don't see the actual thread. If I click on the alert that says I got a message, I see the thread properly for both the one misterorange deleted on his side as well as the ones from the other members. So, like founder said the message is obviously still there, but that particular scenario seems to result in less than perfect behavior.
  • ChampionOfAura
    5 months ago
    It seems like I'm unable to send private messages at all. I've tried founder and someone else I was having a chat with.
  • azdd
    5 months ago
    I'm having similar experience. I spent an hour writing an extensive PM to another member, and clicked send, but it seems to have disappeared.
  • azdd
    5 months ago
    When I click on the messages link, I get only some of my full thread histories. For some it only seems to show the text of my last sent message, but when I click on that I get a blank box to send a message to myself. However, if I hit refresh on the message list, it comes up with the names and full thread history. Weird.
  • lurkingdog
    5 months ago
    Generally in the past, when I've sent a private message, a copy appears in the conversation. I just sent two today but it appears they disappear into the ether. Any thoughts?
  • minnow
    5 months ago
    Messages now "temporarily unavailable".
  • lurkingdog
    4 months ago
    @minnow - thanks for the update
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion