tuscl

shooter girls at Atlanta stripclubs

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:53 PM
What is the deal with the "shooter girls" at clubs in Atlanta?

7 comments

• shadowcat
    16 years ago
    IMO, a waste of time and money.
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    We've raked this one over before. Hate 'em. A scam. Waste of money. Throw away the test tubes and food coloring, and tell the shooter girls to make money honestly. Perhaps by stripping ad giving high mileage lap dances. ;-o
  • chitownlawyer
    16 years ago
    HarryDave, that's exactly what I did at Oasis--took a shot girl back into VIP. And in return, I got one of the best high mileage dances I have ever gotten.
  • TimboAtl
    16 years ago
    I'm with Chitown, I love the shotgirls at the Oasis. Usually younger and a lot more fun than most of the dancers. I've had everything short of full service from the shotgirls at the Oasis, so I'm sticking with 'em.
  • Comeback Kid
    16 years ago
    Leaving aside some who may do whatever in the VIP, what exactly is it that they are doing? Are the freelance sellers of shots? For them? For us? I gather they don't ordinarily dance. The whole deal seems kind of mysterious. They are not a feature of the clubs I usually go to, so when I do go to a club with shooter girls I'm just puzzled. Someone fill me in. Thanks
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    We have shooter girls in most New Orleans clubs, too. They're an intermediate step between on-stage (and back-room) dancing, and bartending. The girls hike around with a tray of shooters (brightly colored shots of alcohol in test tubes) and, using their feminine wiles and physical attributes, cajole guys to buy the drinks either for themselves, for dancers who are sitting with them, or for the shooter girl to drink. I've seen shooter girls give a quasi lap dance in the delivery of the drink, by straddling the guy and holding the test tube in their cleavage when he or she (or both) drink. I think it's essentially a loss-leader for the club in several manners. Gets guys to have that first (of what they hope will be many) highly intoxicating beverage above the price of a beer, gets the guys horned up with a girl in their lap, gets the guys working the flirt-with-the-girls methodology. I think in some places the shooter girls are freelancing, in that (although they might officially be "hired" to do the job) they buy the drinks themselves, then re-sell them, which somehow (or, so the managers imagine in their addled brains) makes it legal for them to drink them while also serving them. The whole thing is just a cadge of sorts, a weird arrangement set up to make people buy buy buy. Getting a shooter girl drunk and taking her home with you (for free, as a civilian "real" date) is more of a viable fantasy than getting a stripper to do the same.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    They are the middlemen (girls?) between you and ripping you off from your money Kid.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion