tuscl

The Bottom 40

MisterGuy
Rhode Island
I've been perusing the new Bottom 40 listing (thanx Founder), and it's been quite fun.

I feel bad for NJ as they seem to have a lot of entries:
The Marleybone Pub appears to be the place to go for chilli dogs and heavy metal bands, and not much else.
The Showplace Go-Go Bar apparently has a lot of Ruskies and not much else.
The Fantasy Showbar Strip is apparently the place to go for full-contact LDs...below the knees only.

PA has a few gems to:
The Fox (which apparently is closed now) used to be known for free beer and a meatball sub...with cheese!
The Old Time Hotel is apparently known as the "shitty titty", and the reviews are literally a riot.

Apparently, Babydollz is not the place to go if you happen to be stuck in Binghamton, NY...unless you like giving upfront tips for mostly air dances.

You could take a trip to the old Combat Zone (Chinatown) and visit the Glass Slipper in Boston, MA...if you like buying dancers drinks that are $30+.

The Bottom 40 is great reading if you're in need of a laugh IMO.

7 comments

• quimby
    17 years ago
    I am always suprised that the Blue Moon has a "Top Ten" lock as one of the worst places in the country. Yes, the Blue Moon is a dive in the bad part of town near the airport. Yes the dancers are about 2/3rds Latina and the customers are about 4/5ths Mexican - BUT this is a friendly low-life club with talkative, flirtacious girls.
    NOBODY would confuse this place with Christies' or Larry Flynt's but it is not a bad night out... I still say (as I did in my review some time ago) that the biggest problem here is private dances (pretty good)that are just too expensive...
  • joshc
    17 years ago
    The Marleybone is nothing more than a local bar where you can stop in for a quick drink. You certainly wouldn't go there for the dancers.

As for the Old Time Hotel, I had a dancer at another bar tell me that customers have gotten lice in the lap dance area. It's a real dump.
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    Sounds like an interesting place...not-so-attractive dancers, little-to-no English spoken, "dirty & dated", furniture falling apart, and "pimps driving by". And then from your review..."3 songs it is $21 for the house and a tip of at least $21 for the dancer...the dances are in the back of the club - they are not in a private area and everyone can watch..." Twenty-*one* dollars for 3 songs? I guess they mean $7/song, which even with at a 100% tip is pretty cheap IMO. Sounds like a real winner...thanx for the info Amigo...
  • harrydave
    17 years ago
    I usually peruse the recent reviews and make a habit of reading the ones with a 1, 2 or 3 rating. As noted, these can be humorous.

As for the Blue Moon, I gave it a 2 a couple of years ago. To say there are better options in Phoenix would be an understatement. A recent review said of the girls, "A couple were OK looking, and one was downright cute, but most looked like they were rode hard and put away wet." This is hilarious stuff, pardner!
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    Interesting that you can see a review from 2004 on a person's profile but not on the strip club's profile. I knew that older reviews were deleted periodically from this site, but I didn't realize you could still see them another way. Giddy-up cowboy...
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    I noticed some more "gems" on the Bottom 40 recently, both in PA:

Ball Park Tavern - Where the dancers are described as "Homely girl headquarters, rings around the legs, pot-bellies, and cigarettes." & "She was hacking as she spoke and was later overheard describing her abcessed tooth to the lucky guy who bought her a shot. Had to laugh when I harmlessly requested a cup for my brewski and the homely 'tender' placed a four ounce juice glass in front of me. The best thing about this place is you'll never see or find it at nite if you don't know exactly where it is-and believe me you don't want to know exactly where it is." Nice...

Erv's - For the $20 or so cover charge here, you get access to dancers like this..."WOW there is a girl there with her taint pierced" & service like this..."I will say that they have a blonde waitress who is one of the hottest girls I've ever seen. But she doesn't do anything. Including waiting on you." This place is apparently also the home of the Miss Nude PA Pageant, and they do seem to have some decent monthly features lined up though.

Ya gotta love it... :)
  • joshc
    17 years ago
    There can be some decent girls at the Ball Park, but it is a dive. The place is very high mileage.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion