tuscl

Current dance prices and phone sim info

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
Tuesday, September 26, 2023 3:49 PM
I know it's a few months until my next Vegs trip (March). Are LDs still $20 seen as the standard across that wonderful country of yours or has it gone up post-covid to ? Do you know where I can buy SIM cards for my unlocked burner phone? I bought one last time but can't remember where from. Maybe Wallgreens etc have them? Do you recommend a particular network provider? Ideally I need one with a reasonable amount of data, call minutes and messages included? I'll be ditching it at the end of the vacation. It's much easier to give digits to girls with a U.S. number. I'm taking a bigger budget than ever before so hopefully I'll have an even better time than before. All advice appreciated.

14 comments

• londonguy
    9 months ago
    I need a SIM with a one-month contract only.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 months ago
    Depending on the phone, Walmart has several pre-paid SIM. Depending on your budget for such, the last time I was looking for one, they were about $50 US.
  • funonthaside
    9 months ago
    Don't some of these need to be activated, including providing an alternate phone number, making them not really unlinked to you?
  • Jascoi
    9 months ago
    in Tijuana a SIM card for two and a half dollars. and then buy some prepaid time at the OXXO store.
  • londonguy
    9 months ago
    @ funonthaside - I can't remember how I activated it last time but I know it wasn't that I had to provide another number. Maybe because of security issues things have changed. As far as dance prices are concerned, jeez I can just check the reviews now I have VIP. Doh !
  • Mate27
    9 months ago
    My only advice is to be prepared for everywhere you go someone is willing to take your $$. Seems like there is a hand out wherever I went the last few times. It’s kinda slowing down this time of year, shoulder season.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 months ago
    Just FYI to some of the newer folks, londonguy has been around for a minute, and is familiar with how things work. He's looking for how things might have changed since his last visit, not how to play the game.
  • Brahma2k
    9 months ago
    If you have an iPhone, perform a backup then disable backups. Now use a VPN and point to the same city, turn off your WiFi, turn off location services ((probably the same for Android but I don’t know. Android is more data intrusive)). Go on trip. When you return, restore the backup and turn backups back on. Your jaunt outside the US doesn’t exist on your iPhone once you restore the backup.
  • mike710
    9 months ago
    Don't think anyone has answered specific to the $20 standard LD price. It's actually pretty rare to find a $20 LD anymore. Even in places where dances were reasonable, there are not too many $20 dances.
  • Jascoi
    9 months ago
    yeah. it's getting more expensive everywhere. You're damn lucky if you can find it at the older, more reasonable prices.
  • chiefwiggum
    9 months ago
    Some places will advertise $20 dances, but dancers won't do them and many of them won't tell you until after that it's $30/40/whatever. I'm looking at you Little Darlings. But yeah, $20 dance is super rare. If you ask a dancer how much is a dance, the typical response, especially if she's hot, is $40. But, she'll do 3/$100. I haven't tried it enough, but I counter with 4/$100 and I'm usually turned down a lot. That being said, you find it a good deal to go for the 15 minute (if they have it) and it's like $120-150. You might have to buy 2 drinks, but if you're drinking anyway, good deal. My friend has been somewhat successful with the "I don't drink, but I'll do $150 for 15 minutes." It's $10/min which is what you most likely would've had if you were doing single dances. Or, you can be like me and boycott Vegas until things return back to normal -- or mileage greatly increases.
  • Jdo11
    9 months ago
    My go tos in central Texas are still running 20$ a song, but these clubs are mostly cuban now. The clubs with only native English speakers do charge closer to 40$. No clue on the sim card thing, I've just been using burner apps instead.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 months ago
    The one rule for everyone in Vegas is, don't be ensnared by the door vultures. No you don't want a dance yet. No, you don't want a guided tour of the club. Beyond that, you have to make lots of trade offs, and what's right for your will depend on your personal priorities. I was there about a year ago, I think I wrote about a half-dozen reviews. One club seemed entirely useless, the others had pluses and minuses. I can't really summarize them. I think you'll just have to dig into reviews to make a decent plan of action.
  • 8TM
    9 months ago
    Cell phone plans are a complete rip off here compared to Europe, but $50 should get you a one month prepaid plan with unlimited talk+text and a meager amount of data. I've never heard of them before, but here's a provider called Mint Mobile that's offering unlimited talk+text and 40 GB data for $45: [view link] As for dance prices, I think chiefwiggum's post is good advice.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion