tuscl

UN demands worldwide end to free speech

Monday, June 26, 2023 1:18 AM
Simply unbelievable. These tyrants are out of control... [view link]

6 comments

• Tetradon
    a year ago
    I find their "hate speech" talk disagreeable, but you might want a better news source than Russia Today, bro.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    It takes a special kind of stupid to use RT as a news / information source on the topic of free speech.
  • Brahma2k
    a year ago
    RT is deservedly considered a questionable source, however, there’s also seemingly a level of “they’re no good unlike my western source”. Right now, and this is something easily quantified at the moment, they’re providing news that is more accurate than almost all main western news sources. There is also, at work, seemingly, ‘the point needs no response because I’m busy attacking the source’. Ok, RT is bad. Now to the point or specifically the larger point: the continued limiting of free speech via local, national and international regulation and via monetary funneling. On that, it isn’t just correct, it has verifiably been going on for a while and continues near unabated (the favorite reason is “to keep you safe”). Plenty of examples to list for those who don’t believe it in the “our sources are great, benevolent, are free unlike them’ camp.
  • 5footguy
    a year ago
    For those objecting to the source of this article (RT), can you point to a single sentence in the article you find objectionable, or factually incorrect? It's almost completely quotations from UN. If Hitler said that genocide was bad, would you disagree with him? Rejecting (or disagreeing with) a message because you don't like the messenger is an incredible weakness to live with (but to be fair, most people hold this bias).
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    RT is just a mouthpiece for whatever spin the Kremlin wants you believe, if anyone believes that a Russian government organ is putting out a political truth, all I have to say is good luck
  • SanchoRG
    a year ago
    Western media is absolutely full of propaganda. Thing is though, western media includes CNN, Fox, Mewsmax, Reddit, Twitter etc. You can get a general idea of what is truly going on from a variety of sides. Russian media is just the state.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion