tuscl

Gordon Lightfoot, RIP at 84!

Mate27
TUSCL’s #1 Soothsayer!
Tuesday, May 2, 2023 10:55 PM
[view link] Carefree Highway, driven it many times. Many other Gordon Lightfoot hits were more notable, like the Edmund Fitzgerald, yet I can appreciate his take on nature and our natural existence with his music. We all have heard his songs. Nice to reflect upon his contributions. What happens when all the cool music legends die? Will their music continue on, or drift off into the past? I prefer “Sundown” as follows… [view link] Peace!!

8 comments

• ATACdawg
    a year ago
    Very saddened by this. He was afflicted with dementia for the last few years, although he was able to continue touring because his long term memory was unaffected. I watched one of his concerts in Jacksonville about 45 years ago. Just one other guy besides him on stage - one of the most enjoyable concerts ever.
  • Studme53
    a year ago
    Yes - I was a big fan
  • Whitetail00
    a year ago
    Huge fan! Great Ballads and an awesome voice
  • crosscheck
    a year ago
    Sundown, you better take care...
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    I like me some Gordon Lightfoot. RIP. Trigger Happy TV anyone? [view link]
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    I heard his name mentioned on radio the other day but wasn’t really paying attention so didn’t realize he had passed. Actually, for some reason I thought he had passed away already
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ I also thought he had passed on a while ago R. I. P. Gordon Lightfoot
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    Sundown is an all-time fav and brings back some great memories of yesteryear. I now understand something better that my Dad said: "getting old means watching pieces of your life die every week".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion