tuscl

abberviations

now_starring
North Carolina
Monday, February 18, 2008 3:27 AM
I am new to this board, and strip clubs in general. What do the following mean PL-dom atf dive c-fav DATY

13 comments

• shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Start by reading the glossary. Then come back if you have more questions.
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    PL is Pathetic Loser. ATF is All Time Favorite. C-fav is Club Favorite. DATY is Dining at the Y aka pussy-licking. I don't think that "dive" is an abbreviation -- I think it is just low-class place, like Dollie's Playhouse in ESL. That would be a dive. I love the dives. But Shadowcat's suggestion is very good. After all, if you can find out for yourself without having to ask anybody you can Stand Tall and Be Proud.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    arbeeguy: I think that you missed on one. C-fav is not in the glossary and I think that it was coined by DougS to refer to current favorite dancer.
  • now_starring
    16 years ago
    Where is the glossary, and in mean time what is YMMV?
  • now_starring
    16 years ago
    I found YMMV
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    Look at the bottom of the page. There's a menu there with some interesting articles.
  • jester214
    16 years ago
    Glossary? Wish I would have noticed that a coupla months ago...
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    Yeah, c-fav is proly "current favorite". Oh well, can't win 'em all. I used to think OTC meant "Over The Counter". I scratched my head a couple of times trying to relate that to the SC experience. Finally figgered it out.
  • unbelheathen
    16 years ago
    One that isn't in the glossary: Nascar. Seen in reviews of the Hawaii Theatre. Could it mean 'goes south'? 'Turns Left'? Z-Bone doesn't define it in his glossary, either, so it probably isn't some weird California thing...anyone?
  • sandyman
    16 years ago
    I've always assumed it meant there was some "stick shifting" available.
  • unbelheathen
    16 years ago
    Thanks, Sandyman, that makes perfect sense. What little knowledge I have of motorsport is of Formula 1 and Grand Prix; I'd assumed that Nascar would be similarly automatic transmission vehicles and thus never made the connexion.
  • DougS
    16 years ago
    Recently, I've seen a few new abbreviations which I am unfamiliar with, used in reviews. Anyone know what the following are; NE SE
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    DougS: this is my 2nd reply to these. Northeast and Southeast come to mind. Can you use them in a sentence?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion