tuscl
Electric Blue Cafe
62 Merrow Rd Tolland, CT 06084

CT State Police and Homeland Security at EB today

Thursday, March 16, 2023 4:35 PM

17 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    I've never been there, but I've heard it's a pit. So, this isn't a huge surprise. It'll be interesting to see what it's all about.
  • drnastytime
    a year ago
    It's a surprise that a place like this lasted so long in tolland. Shoud've picked a different area to run it
  • rattdog
    a year ago
    were the girls' choices of work attire to revealing? if yes were they pelted with rocks? this has to be the only plausible reason why a law enforcement agency of that level would be present right? what's the deal with the police truck? y'all see the size of that thing?
  • rickdugan
    a year ago
    Homeland Security, lol. When this all shakes out I suspect we're going to hear some nonsense about the raid being justified by human trafficking concerns relating to the Latinas working there. And of course they will inevitably find no evidence that the girls were there against their will, as is so often the case. Remember the joint FBI/NYS raids on several NYC clubs about 10 years ago relating to the Russian girls? Not only did they find no evidence of trafficking, but they actually ended up charging a few of the Russian girls with marriage fraud. ;)
  • whodey
    a year ago
    Some agents are wearing jackets that say HSI, for Homeland Security Investigations. Homeland Security Investigations is part of Immigration & Customs Enforcement. [view link] It'll either be a "human trafficking" investigation like Rick said or just a regular immigration bust for undocumented immigrants working there. The manpower involved certainly looks like over kill for either, especially since I doubt the club was full of people at 9:30 on a Thursday morning which is when the raid started.
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    This place has sucked for a long time, anyways.
  • rickdugan
    a year ago
    @Whodey: Biden halted worksite immigration raids in 2021.
  • shailynn
    a year ago
    As noted - I travel a lot in the Midwest and mid Atlantic region. I used to see Homeland Security “police cars” hanging out around rest-stops off the interstate and in small towns all the time during the Trump Administration. I rarely see them now.
  • knight_errant
    a year ago
    Damn. You think they'll be able to id my DNA from the other 20,000 samples they'll get from the couch cushions?
  • knight_errant
    a year ago
    [view link] Cindy Dos Santos said she has been dancing at Electric Blue for a year. “I like it because it’s busy and I make a lot of money,” Dos Santos said. But she won’t make any money there today as the investigation continues. “I showed up and I just seen a bunch of cops outside and it was blocked off I just went to the pizza place and called my ride,” said Dos Santos. Dos Santos said she doesn’t know what’s going on. uh huh
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    If they go in there with black light it's going to look like Jackson Pollock painted a crime scene.
  • Greenshirt
    a year ago
    knight_errant I think your biggest worry should be if they make the dancers spit into a tube :)
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    For enough money, a lot of people won't know what's going on.
  • kingcool
    a year ago
    “Police believe for several years prostitution and sexual activity have occurred at the strip club on Merrow Road.“ Great detective work there Sherlock.
  • rattdog
    a year ago
    ^replace the word believe with have known would be way more accurate.
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    ^proof that crackdowns occur only when politically beneficial, or to appease constituents
  • Sgtsnowman
    a year ago
    Homeland Security doesn't need you to be trafficked against your will for them to pick up a case. If you pay the cartel to smuggle you across the border Homeland Security is perfectly willing to give you victim status. It's one of those little details the current administration doesn't mention during the press briefings. Getting victim status pretty much precludes you being prosecuted for the trafficking; it also has the added benefit of forestalling or outright canceling any potential deportation hearings. This is either the city or state going after the owners and Homeland Security came along for the ride (plus it bumps their numbers up for the year) or Homeland wants to talk about "trafficking networks reaching into the very heart of our democracy" so they can ask for a bigger budget.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion