Franco Harris, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Dies at 72

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Damn that way too young and right before Christmas terrible
R. I. P.

16 comments

• Huntsman
    2 years ago
    Wow! This is so sad for a bunch of reasons. Harris’ reputation was as immaculate as his famous reception. RIP
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    I also think the 50th anniversary of the "Immaculate Reception" is within a couple of days. He was just interviewed by Chris Russo I heard.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    Heard a touching story from a father about an interaction between his young son and Fanco. He said he and his son were at a game and went early for autographs. He said the other players were nice and stopped briefly with the fans.

They saw Franco and the dad explained Franco to his son. As Franco was walking by his son said "We are....". Franco turned around and said "Penn State". He then turned around and had a long conversation with the kid. Made a fan for life.
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    I'm sad to hear this. Franco was a great player and a great human being.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Very sad. Great guy. Also sad that there is actually no video evidence at all that he actually caught the ball in the air. Feel free to provide a link.......but it has to show when he first gets the ball, not the only one we ever see, which does not.
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    ^ of course that begs the question is there any video evidence at all that actually did NOT catch the ball in the air.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    There is no video evidence either way.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    RIP Franco Harris. He seemed to be a very good man. He was a legend playing for the Steelers - back when I was a kid.
  • grand1511
    2 years ago
    Really sad thing is that they are retiring his jersey Saturday. Seems like that should have been done 30 years ago.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    I hated the steelers back in those days for owning the Browns, still hate them but I also have a grudging respect for many of the players, Jack Lambert, etc and Franco among them, RIP.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @skbum609

Pics and Vids show it did happen.

Franco did a one left hand catch running on the fly, not impossible for a “lucky” young athlete with good reflexes, a rookie.

You can see it en the second camera 🎥 angle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dHIXFKrrUh…

:D
  • Heaven-sent
    2 years ago
    Then the refs. Call stand. I can live with that.
  • RTP
    2 years ago
    I met Franco Harris on 2 occasions. Very down to earth guy and willing to spend time and talk. I am also a Penn State Grad and have witnessed his willingness to give back. Total Class. He left a great legacy. RIP.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @skibum609

Another Vid that shows it did happen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3YjgetEbdG…

:D
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    72 is hardly too young. He may even exceeded the current life expectancy
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    This is too young. Not a useless football player, but a bit little SA number:

Charlbi Dean cause of death confirmed after sudden passing at 32: coroner

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ch…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion