tuscl

You people must always be willing to truly consider evidence that contradicts yo

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Thursday, September 22, 2022 8:02 AM
Title couldn’t say it all. You people of tuscl must always be willing to truly consider evidence that contradicts your beliefs, and admit the possibility that you may be wrong. Intelligence is not believing everything you think you know, is right, it is the ability to challenge everything you believe.

48 comments

• motorhead
    2 years ago
    You are not wrong. However, your constant rant of blaming systemic racism for all the troubles in the world grows wearisome. Slavery was abolished more than 150 years ago. The Civil Rights Act was passed almost 60 years ago. When will the progressive left stop with the white guilt and AA stop with the “whoa is me” mindset. How is it that some ethnic groups, let’s just pick Vietnamese for example, can come this country, not knowing the language, and within a few years of hard work and education become successful, productive citizens. How can it be that “racist” America is still holding down US blacks yet people of all races that come to the US, with less advantages, manage to be successful.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    The OP wouldn't know "evidence" if it ran him over in a car. You posts inane political opinions from anti-American assholes and claim its "evidence". The idea a simplistic cut and paste asshole like yourself would even look at the "evidence" of others without needing 5 years of counselling is laughable. No people on earth are as poorly read, as thin-skinned and as wrong as a progressive.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @motorhead I understand you feeling “wearisome”, because the truth hurts, and you don’t want to hear the truth because it destroys your “illusions” about the USA. The undeniable reality in the USA is that white people have benefited from systemic racism. You know very well the racism that most people of color face every day in the USA and the enormous unwarranted benefits of white privilege. The USA systems favor white people and make it more difficult for non-white people to have access to the things that everyone needs.  When some people talk about racism is not an attempt to guilt or shame anyone, it is to bring awareness to the undeniable fact and recognize there is a problem that should be addressed. Racism in the USA Today can take many forms: * Internalized racism is the racism that is within a person’s mind and shapes the way that they think and the way that they view others. In many cases, this refers to an automatic subconscious preference for white people over People of the Global Majority and Indigenous People. Most people will internalize these false beliefs about race and favor white people in their minds. * Interpersonal racism is the racism that one person can inflict on another in a personal interaction based on their prejudices. * Individual racism is the racism that a person feels and the way that racism influences how they treat others. * Institutional racism is racism that seeps into society, including rules, laws, and guiding principles that inherently favor white people over People of the Global Majority and Indigenous People.  * Structural racism is the way that all of these different components create an environment where outcomes will automatically favor white people because of the unfair disadvantages laid upon the People of color and Indigenous Peopleall over the world. All of these forms of racism are harmful, but it is important to examine institutional and structural racism more closely as they are often overlooked. Systemic racism is not a single law or rule but instead is the racism that is embedded in society.  The reason some people of color benefit from the system is that “the oppressor would not be so strong if he did not have accomplices among the oppressed.” The undeniable reality is that racism in the USA Today exposes the history of violence and subjugation in the USA. Even a child from Sweden has been able to see the undeniable reality, you should be able to accept it too. “It is the sufferings of the many which pay for the luxuries of the few.” ~ Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg ~ Born: 3rd January 2003 Stockholm, Sweden ~ Occupation: Student, environmental activist Awards: ~ Fritt Ord Award (2019) ~ Rachel Carson Prize (2019) ~ Ambassador of Conscience Award (2019) ~ Right Livelihood Award (2019) ~ International Children's Peace Prize (2019) ~ Time Person of the Year (2019) ~ Gulbenkian Prize for Humanity (2020)
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    "You people of tuscl must always be willing to truly consider evidence that contradicts your beliefs" You post the same five quotes over and over. Lulz.
  • HannibalSmith
    2 years ago
    It would be nice if tuscl had a feature where the user community could vote the annoying folks off the site…
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @HannibalSmith “Why? Am I starting to make sense?” ~ Tyrion Lannister :D
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^You have no original thoughts and simp-ly cut and paste moronic shit. Typical useless progressive. Contribute nothing. Other than being today's convenient excuse for failing due to your own actions systemic racism doesn't exist. The system benefits those who get an education, work hard and don't commit crimes. Under that some cultures succeed, some fail abjectly, but it's their shitty culture and not the system that is the cause of failure. Blacks who emigrate from Africa are very conservative and family-oriented people, so they thrive here. Blacks born locally are led by progressives who feed into their false victimhood narrative causing blacks to fail and progressives to benefit financially and power wise from that failure. Cunts like Greta Thunberg should be thrown into the ocean.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    CJ Kent, I’m willing to have a respectful dialog, but I 100% reject the notion of white privilege. Sure racism exists, that’s not even open for debate. My maternal grandparents are both first generation German immigrants. Came to this country in the late 1800’s not knowing a word of English. My paternal grandmother was also German and came to America and married a Scots-Irish Appalachian hillbilly who could barely read and write. Every grandchild grew up relatively poor and were first generation college students. Several became engineers and some became teachers. The military was a path to success for some. We all graduated college with zero student loan because we worked out butts off in hard factory jobs in the summer to pay for school, we didn’t tour Europe or other BS fun. Don’t lecture me on white privilege - that’s a concept that only exists among liberals who don’t wanna work hard
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @motorhead I am not lecturing you about the undeniable reality; a white privileged comedian explains it very well: “The Power of Being White in America and the World” [view link] I'm white...which, thank God for that shit, boy. That is a huge leg up. Are you kidding me? Oh, God, I love being white. I really do. Seriously, if you're not white, you're missing out. Because this shit is thoroughly good. Let me be clear, by the way. I AM NOT SAYING THAT WHITE PEOPLE ARE BETTER. I AM SAYING THAT BEING WHITE IS CLEARLY BETTER. WHO COULD EVEN ARGUE? If it was an option, I would re-up every year. "Oh, yeah, I'll take 'white' again, absolutely. I've been enjoying that. I'm gonna stick with white, thank you." Here's how great it is to be white: I can get in a time machine and go to any time, and it would be fucking awesome when I get there! That is exclusively a white privilege. Black people can't fuck with time machines! A black guy in a time machine's like, "Hey, anything before 1980, no thank you. I don't want to go." But I can go to any time! The year 2. I don't even know what's happening then, but I know when I get there... "Welcome, we have a table right here for you, sir." "Thank you. Oh, it's lovely here in the year 2." I can go to any time--IN THE PAST. I don't want to go to the future and find out what happens to white people BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO PAY HARD FOR THIS SHIT, YOU GOT TO KNOW THAT. WE ARE NOT GOING TO JUST FALL FROM NUMBER ONE TO TWO. THEY ARE GOING TO HOLD US DOWN AND FUCK US IN THE ASS FOREVER... And we totally deserve it. But for now, wheeeeeeee! NOW, IF YOU ARE WHITE ANF YOU DON’T ADMIT THAT IT IS GREAT, YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE. ~ Louis Székely ~ White Privileged stand-up comedian ~ Born Sep 12, 1967 Washington, D.C., U.S.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    You are an ignorant idiot, CJKunt, you really believe that the sin's of the past are legitimately judgeable using todays standards, that is what makes you so out of touch, using your logic the Jews are entitled to reparations from the Egyptians, or the ancient Assyrians are due reparations from the Babylonians, or even the Mayans are owed reparations by the Aztecs we could go on and on, but that won't do a thing to help those folks that lived in those times, that's more than a little stupid and at best preposterous, at worst it's pure unadulterated fiction, as we really are only surmising what actually transpired, and by definition Reparations aren't actually paid to victims by the perpetrator of those crimes, rather they are a form of lottery that grants monies to certain classes of people dependendant on who their ancestors were and is more like a lottery gifting some abundantly and depriving others of their property.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @twentyfive II think you are confused, blinded by your anger, and your comment is for the discussion on reparation. You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism and racism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter what, when where or who does it or who says it My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    That's why I consider you stupid, nothing you could ever do or say that could make me angry, I'm actually very happy and far from being blind with anything, you on the other hand have a bunch of quotes and catchphrases that you try to shoehorn into odd contortions to avoid actually speaking to the merits of what anyone posts. My own belief is that you are an extremely unhappy individual, with low self esteem and your style of posting is proof that I am right. BTW my statement is aimed at your supposition of being willing to truly consider evidence that contradicts your beliefs, and admit the possibility that you may be wrong. Your own replies indicate that you never consider that you might ever be wrong, yet you are undeniably wrong much more than you are right. This is a fact.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^I am jealous. Wish I had posted that about the total fraud. The comedian Louis that he wants to suck off is Louis C.K. abuser of women. He cannot even be honest in his cut and paste and posts quotes from a woman abuser and sexual harrasser.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @twentyfive The undeniable truth, fact, reality is that; Discussion Posts in the Political Discourse Forum, mainly quotations, as well as comments in the website are used by me as a means of inspiration and to invoke philosophical thoughts from the reader. Pragmatically speaking, quotations can also be used as language games (in the Wittgensteinian sense of the term) to manipulate social order and the structure of society “Like everything metaphysical the harmony between thought and reality is to be found in the grammar of the language.” ~ Ludwig Wittgenstein ~ Austrian-British philosopher ~ Born: April 26, 1889, Vienna, Austria ~ Died: April 29, 1951, Cambridge, United Kingdom Ludwig said it all...
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Ludwig liked to blow dogs, just like you retard.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @skibum609 You should decide whether something said, written or quoted makes sense by its content, not by the person who writes or says it... Regardless of the letters after his or her name, title or position in society, age, nationality, physical or mental disabilities... No matter when or where it was said or written... You are welcome.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I already decided nothing you have ever posted has been fact, true or has meaning. I am just pointing out that you, an abuser of women, seems enthralled by other abuses of women.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @skibum609 You can call people names and deny the undeniable truth and facts, and it won’t change the reality of the USA white privilege. Racism called by any other name is still racism. THE UNDENIABLE FACT IS: Americans/British men are so called “white men” who are privileged almost everywhere in the world, because of the long history of colonialism by “white” Western Europeans.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Systemic Racism is still at the core of our society, it is why we have an unworkable political and economic system. Real Good: [view link] SJG
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @skubum609 “NOW, IF YOU ARE WHITE ANF YOU DON’T ADMIT THAT IT IS GREAT, YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE.” ~ Louis Székely ~ White Privileged stand-up comedian ~ Born Sep 12, 1967 Washington, D.C., U.S. You are welcome. :D
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Yeah keep citing someone who abuses women you stupid fuck. Literally so fucking dumb, you make Icee seem sort of human. Yes, white privilege is called attaining an education, working hard and ignoring the stupid things fucking failures say. A person with a broken leg uses a crutch; a person from a broekn community also uses a crutch- racism.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    This is what “white privilege looks like When it comes to income, whites are also lagging behind some other ethnic groups. In 2016, white Americans had a median household income of $67,865, lower than Indonesian Americans ($71,616), Pakistani Americans ($72,389), Malaysian Americans ($72,443), Sri Lankan Americans ($73,856), Filipino Americans ($84,620), Taiwanese Americans ($90,1221) and Indian Americans ($110,026).
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    That American Whites might be getting more money than minorities is not the real issue today. The issue is that priviledged white norms are still controlling our politics and making us a retrograde nation and sustaining an economic system which does not work at all. The issue is The Republican Party, in the federal congress. SJG
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @motorhead and @skibum609 White privilege IS NOT the assumption that everything a white person has accomplished is unearned. Most white people or people of any color who have reached a honest high level of success worked extremely hard to get there. Instead, white privilege should be viewed as a built-in advantage, separate from one’s level of income or effort. In the USA and the world white privilege is having greater access to power and resources than people of color in the same situation do.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    You should always listen to other viewpoints but the ability of people to openly express their views is becoming increasingly unpopular in this cancel culture era. Something can be labeled misinformation, disinformation or hate speech and suppressed. Freedom of speech and press were considered so important by the Founders that they listed that first in the Bill of Rights. You have to allow all viewpoints, even unpopular ones. You can't have the government decide which viewpoints are acceptable or unacceptable because whoever is in power will use that to silence their political opponents.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    ^ Exactly; and remember our so-called founding fathers, were British paranoid hypocrites and ungrateful malcontents, their separation from Great Britain was done to justify the genocide committed against Native Americans and preserve slavery of African Americans.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    When people start a statement with “YOU PEOPLE” they deserved to be punched in the face. Lumping everyone into one single group (hence “you people”) just shows the ignorance of the person originally making the statement.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    ^ @shailynn I will tell you what you need to know: “You People You is the plural pronoun of the word Ye. People is the plural form of person. You people refers to a group of more than one person. Example: You people need to learn proper word use and definitions! You are welcome 🤗
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    Whatever you may think of the founding fathers, without them you wouldn't be free to say what you think. You are free to say anything because of them, including insulting them if you want to.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @docsavage Sorry to break it to you, but your fairytale is just that a fairytale. I am sure you are aware that the so called founding fathers were British. The U.S.’s struggle for freedom started with the ratification of the Constitution; when slavery was ratified. Almost a full century later, our country went to the battlefield again to fight another war for freedom against itself, the Civil War In the 1950s and 1960s, hundreds of thousands of Americans of every color took to the streets in the Civil Rights Movement, which directly challenged the racist practice of Jim Crow segregation and wanted to pave the way for a society that was equal for all, regardless of race or background. Racism sadly didn’t end here, but every day men and women who fought tirelessly in the Civil Rights Movement made massive strides toward an equal and just society. Not the founding fathers didn’t, the people did it the workers the oppressed fought against the oppressor and the struggle continues, so we can expose the truth and reality
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    OK, so let’s pretend you are correct. How do we remedy the problem? The answer isn’t money. Throwing money at a problem doesn’t work. FDR, LBJ, the current admin has proven that. Teaching CRT to first graders? DEI Training? Did you see the recent story of what’s happening in the Air Force? They propose banning the use of “mom and dad”. What’s joke
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @motorhead The solution to the problem is to create a just society. A just society looks like a selfless, generous society. A just society is a society filled with people that put political, educational, and religious preferences aside in order to make sure no one is poor. We need to recognize that we are all in this world together, and the only test of our character that matters is how we look after the least fortunate among us. How we look after each other, not how we look after ourselves. That's all that really matters. "There is enough in the world for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed." ~ Frank Buchman aka (Franklin Nathaniel Daniel Buchman) ~ Decorated by the French and German governments for his contributions to Franco-German reconciliation after World War II. ~ Born June 4, 1878 Pennsburg, Pennsylvania ~ Died August 7, 1961 Freudenstadt, West Germany
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Those are words to live by. I’m with you 100% But can’t we stop looking back and placing blame? Doesn’t that just create divisiveness? Let’s move forward for a better world like you describe that we both can agree on.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @motorhead Discussion Posts in the Political Discourse Forum, mainly quotations, are used by me as a means of inspiration and to invoke philosophical thoughts from the reader. Pragmatically speaking, quotations can also be used as language games (in the Wittgensteinian sense of the term) to manipulate social order and the structure of society “Like everything metaphysical the harmony between thought and reality is to be found in the grammar of the language.” ~ Ludwig Wittgenstein ~ Austrian-British philosopher ~ Born: April 26, 1889, Vienna, Austria ~ Died: April 29, 1951, Cambridge, United Kingdom Ludwig said it all...
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    I don't know why anyone here engages OP. He's not looking for an honest discussion, and certainly doesn't follow his own advice to consider opposing POVs.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Ever notice that he posts not only the same shit all the time, but from sources that have zero credibility. Its not like he is citing Gandi, Ben Franklin, Churchill etc. but instead, a comic who sexually assaulted women, a few people history never cared about and a retarded euro-teen.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @ski, I don't know why people take him, Icee, or SJG seriously on politics. Between all of them, they have less intellectual depth than a mud puddle. Every now and then I forget this and try to engage in good faith, but I'm quickly reminded again not to take them seriously.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @dkibum609 You should decide whether something said, written or quoted makes sense by its content, not by the person who writes or says it... Regardless of the letters after his or her name, title or position in society, age, nationality, physical or mental disabilities... No matter when or where it was said or written...
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I told you in the beginning that they were wrong. You're just not smart enough to get it. People who cut and paste do so as an admission of stupidity. People who cut and paste the same 4 things are so fucking stupid, we need to make up a new word for you.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    ^ “So ridiculous, @skibum609 must work on his Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend. Chill @skibum609, Chill!" ~ Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg ~ Born: 3rd Januaryk 2003 , Sweden ~ Occupation: Student, environmental activist
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Polly want a cracker
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^^ Uh, duh.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Send someone in to change the paper in his cage, it’s full of shit.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    “So ridiculous, @twentyfive & @skibum609 must work on their Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with each other as friends! Chill @twentyfive & @skibum609, Chill!" ~ Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg ~ Born: 3rd Januaryk 2003 , Sweden ~ Occupation: Student, environmental activist
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Parrots mimic human voices Do you need your cage cleaned Polly?
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I don't remember even ignore icee, but this putz is on ignore. Too unoriginal.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    ^ @skibum609 “Why? Am I starting to make sense?” ~ Tyrion Lannister :D
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @twentyfie Enjoy your retirement. You are welcome. :D
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion