tuscl

Current Trends People Will Be Regretting In 20 Years

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
I think every single one of these is cringe-worthy...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people-s…

9 comments

• rattdog
    2 years ago
    simping
    cancel culture
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I'll agree with most of them. I hate vaping. Not sure I have a problem with the Farmhouse decor, although 20 years from now it will outdated. But any decor will look outdated 20 years from now.
  • Jimmybigtits
    2 years ago
    Alt currencies
    Monogomy
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    I think a ton of these are political wishcasting. They want to believe their ahead-of-their-time beliefs will be axiomatic in 20 years when they might be a passing fad.

1. Sure hope so but it shows no sign of slowing down.

2. I believe in man-made climate change, but doomsayers have been predicting the apocalypse 10 years out for 60 years now. I agree that we won't know it's too late until it's too late though.

3. For sure.

4. For sure. Web 3.0 will take different forms but people are already regretting putting their life savings into rights to a GIF of a laughing ape.

5. God I hope so but I doubt it. Everyone falsely thinks their life is so interesting.

10. Wishful thinking. Maybe at the front end of pregnancy with easy mifepristone/misoprostol, but at the other end it's just as likely to go the other direction as technology pushes fetal viability earlier and fetal imaging gets better.

11. I hope so, it's rotting kids' brains.

13. I bet the opposite, as we realize we nurtured the spike in trans identification and the side effects of meds and surgery become apparent.

14. Watch Idiocracy. That movie is prophetic.

15. God I hope so.

16. I hope so, I think not.

17. I hope so, that culture fucking sucks.

18. I bet the opposite as cars become giant computers with engines.

19. Anybody's bet. Depends on your definition of seriously.

23. See #5
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Climate change denial is a mental illness.

The other stuff on there I don't really care about. If you don't like it don't do it.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    “We have ten years to stop the catastrophe,” said the UN’s environmental protection boss in 1972
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    I think the current belief that most young people should go to college will no longer be held 20 years from now. It's too expensive, too many people end up with debt they can't pay back, and there aren't enough jobs that require a college degree for all the people graduating with one.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @docsavage, +1 on college.

I think the conversation will get more nuanced. When people look at European "free college," they fail to note that these universities are frequently commuter schools without half the amenities US schools have, under a much different education model that doesn't consign non-university graduates to second-class citizenship.

Here, a lot of employers use college, or even graduate degrees, to gatekeep qualified people even when a degree isn't necessary for them to do the job. Like administrative assistant jobs, you don't need a bachelor's to do that, just hustle and people skills. They put up a bachelor's degree requirement as a lazy way to weed people out.

Also, you can get the same education at a state school, or even a community college, that you can at Harvard. The material is the same.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    If there were as much oil in the world as there is dumb, gas would cost 10 cents a gallon. People are not only dumb enough to do regrettable things, they're dumb enough not to regret them, even with the benefit of hindsight. You're got people making death threats against school boards, cause they don't want kids to be taught that the US should regret slavery, debt slavery, and Jim Crow.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion