tuscl

offtopic--so far, the trees here look healthier in 2022 than in 2021

gothamyte
from that Adam Westsiiiide of Gotham
Friday, May 6, 2022 6:37 PM
should've brought this up last year in 2021 anyone else catch the local trees in your area sporting random brown leaves for no reason? Not due to fall. I noticed it but forgot to question it. But it was everywhere here. I haven't Googled it to see if it was a national thing or local. Had nothing to do with fall or approaching winter. There was no pattern to it etc. I don't ever remember seeing that before. I pointed it out to a close friend and once I pointed it out he was like "yo, that's crazy..what's going on?" This year is much better. I know it's spring but all trees are all green. I know what fall autumn leaves look like. This was different and everywhere I was wondering if Covid could effect trees. Anyone else notice? I know I haven't seen trees look like that before

7 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I've noticed it. Everything also bloomed like a month earlier than normal this year. Out here
  • gothamyte
    2 years ago
    So glad someone outside my circle noticed Thought I was going crazy Lemme Google it....
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    More rain this year.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Last summer was dry as shit where I live. Lots of days on the lake (no rain) but my yard suffered big time. I have a big row of pine trees at the back of my property. One has a gaping hole at the bottom and all of these trees were not looking healthy. I walked by it yesterday and there’s a ton of new growth which is a relief. They provide a barrier between my house and a road, so if one dies it’s going to look like shit to have a row of 2 story tall pine trees and 1 little one.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    It's the drought last year and excess rain this year. Our bleeding heart is producing "hearts" so big that the stems no longer go straight out, but droop due to the weight of the flowers.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Out west it's been the dryest winter in a long time.
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    Drought here last year and it stressed the trees hard. So far, so good this year.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion