tuscl

crossing border to u,s,

busterb
Florida
Friday, March 4, 2022 9:58 PM
went to tijuana last week and was going to cross border to u.s. line was long and some lady said she could get me close to front of line for $20. i offered 15 and off we went ever hear of this?

22 comments

• PutaTester
    2 years ago
    Yes. They post someone to stand in the line. The shills then get a few people together and walk them to where the placeholder is standing, effectively cutting in line. Most people are too polite to protest. If the. Border agents spot it, they will send you to the back of the line. It is a cheat.
  • Redbaron12
    2 years ago
    I did this the first few times coming back into the US. I was put on a bus every time that drove us to customs. Border patrol read the names of everyone on the bus and let us through. After about 4 times doing this I stood in line to see how long it took. I found that paying (for the bus) really didn't much time. The line typically moves pretty quick even if it's super long. Although paying for a place holder might be faster.
  • TJ Walker
    2 years ago
    They'll do it even just for $5.
    2 years ago
    Does anyone know if the “ready lanes” walking towards the USA are for US passport card holders or are they just for global entry, nexus and sentri?
  • goodyman
    2 years ago
    My buddy once paid 15 dollars to a Mexican border agent to enter Tijuana when he didn't have his passport.
  • TJ Walker
    2 years ago
    "Ready Lane" is for anyone that have their ID ready in hand thats all.
  • TJ Walker
    2 years ago
    Actually, all walking lanes will end at a single line at the gate. People with special ID, Sentri, Global, can walk in any lane and can skip ahead. During busy hours, it's like a fleamarket there, lots of pandhandlers, food vendors, so both lanes are fully blocked by people. Walk slowly pass them is a challenge sometimes.
  • PutaTester
    2 years ago
    Master the phrases “perdón” and “lo siento.”
  • Scrappy_Cholo
    2 years ago
    You run, jump or swim like normal people do
  • Scrappy_Cholo
    2 years ago
    in case you cant read that^ Corres, saltas o nadas como lo hace la gente normal.
  • 48-Cowboy
    2 years ago
    Just ride a horse
  • TJ Walker
    2 years ago
    Update: the Mex govt may have stopped this scam after so many years? This week they've the 2 lanes separated by a divider barrier making it very tight for anyone to pass the line. The Sentri lane is now used by the pandhandlers & the vendors, no more pedestrians on this lane. Many pandhandlers are on wheelchair & vendors pushing carts, so this Sentri lane is also very tight. The pandhandling is a big business here, they've old women & young children here 24/7 asking for money. I'm sure the cartel or street boss will get at least 70% of what they make each day.
  • Greanbeans
    2 years ago
    Wait…a divider? That sucks. The lanes is only about 6 feet. Right past the ‘duty-free’ it gets tighter. This blows! Thanks fir reporting
  • azfriole
    2 years ago
    What are wait times like early in the am, like 4 0r 5 am weekdays? I have a flight out of San Diego at 8 am and was curious what time I should leave HK?
  • PutaTester
    2 years ago
    Apparently you don’t have a GA or Sentri card. No personal experience. Check the BWT app.
  • Vijjikm1
    2 years ago
    It will take anywhere between 1.5-2 hours.
  • TJ Walker
    2 years ago
    There're a lot of Russians & Ukraines refugees camping there, they won't slow you down. Learn a few words to impress them, say hi in their language.
  • besmitty
    2 years ago
    @TJ WALKER ... I was just reading about the ukraine refugees yesterday (I check out local news before i come) ... I thought about buying a bunch of food items and bringing with me to the border area for the ukraine families.
  • TJ Walker
    2 years ago
    @besmitty, it's better to just give them a few dollars, they can use it to buy food, water, and bathroom visits.
  • PutaTester
    2 years ago
    Crossed yesterday about 11:00 am. The line was loooong. Unexpected for the a weekday post commute morning. Lots of Americans on line.
  • Heckler
    2 years ago
    Clarification please- I have a Global Entry Card. With this new lane set up am I able to walk straight to the front of the line back into the US? Getting into Mexico was a breeze, but the last time I was at the border the line was damn near a mile long and the Global Entry Card saved me from having to wait. Thanks
  • PutaTester
    2 years ago
    Yes, GE holders skip the line.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion