tuscl

Failed High School History

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer falsely claimed Thursday that the Supreme Court was made up of "all White men" until 1981, skipping over the late Justice Thurgood Marshall, who was appointed by Lyndon B. Johnson in 1967.

Is he race baiting again or just and idiot that doesn’t even know basic history.

19 comments

• skibum609
    3 years ago
    Democrats have to lie and their base is so ridiculous they don't care.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Also Reagan appointed Sandra Day O'Connor.

Schumer mis-spoke, just like Reagan always did.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Schumer for president
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Yeah...

Getting historical facts wrong isn't a monopoly held by Democrats or Republicans. But I know it makes you guys feel all warm and toasty to think so.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    No, CIM, the democrat party does not have a monopoly on lying and ignoring facts, just a controlling interest.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Chuck the schmuck
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    We can't all be educated and sophisticated like Muddy for example
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    At least that isn't as bad as Biden's statement today that "no amendment to the Constitution is absolute" as a way to try to limit the 2nd amendment. If he believes that statement does he really believe that the 13th amendment banning slavery is not absolute?
  • oscarlomax
    3 years ago
    You know what the man means. This nit-picky nonsense is just that...nonsense. Yes, Thurgood Marshall was on the Supreme Court. Also Clarence Thomas, who is definitely not my cup of tea, is a Justice. Yes, there have been women. But in the history of the Court it has largely been WHITE MEN. That is a fact and that is the salient point we all know the President was talking about. And yes there should be a brilliant black woman who isn't a HAND MAIDEN or Bed Wench on the court.

The Court needs to move closer to being an actual place of impartial adjudication than a political appendage.
  • oscarlomax
    3 years ago
    Oh, sorry, I meant to say "Schumer" rather than the president before the Nit-Picky Mob tries to come for me! But even if you do, you know what I meant!
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    >And yes there should be a brilliant black woman

Why should it be a black woman? If you're trying to be fair and representative the pick should be an Asian which has never had representation on the court.

Blacks, with respect to population, have been decently represented on the court for over 50 years.
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    It was a pretty big mistake by Schumer and he's rightfully being mocked for it. Surely he was reading from a speech that someone helped him write and check? How does that big of a mistake make it through? Or was he up there just winging it?

1967 vs 1981 is a big difference. Just 14 years but 2 decades apart makes it seem bigger.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Outrage of the day, I see the machine is working well.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Biden will pick Ketanji Brown Jackson - since every single decision she has made so far has been overturned by a higher court. The good thing is that whomever he picks will have to suffer through everyone knowing they weren't picked for any reason other than skin color. All her decisions will be looked at as political payback. Then again, he picked his Vice-President solely by skin color and she has been , hmm, Jesus Biden is the stupidest fuck and worst President ever.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Biden and his big mouth put an asterisk in front of whomever he chooses.

She could be the most qualified justice in history, and she'll be known as a token appointment, made so that Biden could say he fulfilled a campaign promise (which was itself made to solidify a key voting bloc).
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Biden has a history of using the filibuster to block black females from the bench because they are libertarian.
  • ekelma1337
    3 years ago
    Last guy in the oval office believed George Washington was capturing Airports during the war of Independence, until someone tops that I think i'll save my fake outrage for something else.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    ^^
    Lol. I was (and remain) a Trump fan, but yeah, that was a big fuck-up. Anyone can screw up like that so I'll give Schumer a pass on his Supreme Court mistake.

Now what about Biden's intentional and long-winded speech about Corn Pop, chain fighting, rusty razor blades, roaches, and kids rubbing his hairy legs?
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    I've been underwhelmed with Schumer as senate leader. Harry Reid would have done a better job keeping Manchin and Sienema in line.

Chuck very much feels like a "guess it's his turn?" guy rather than a leader.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion