tuscl

Calls to censor Joe Rogan accelerate

The out of control censorship culture won't be happy until every view the ruling establishment doesn't approve of is completely banned and those who dare to ask questions are in prison or dead.

https://www.infowars.com/posts/greenwald…

How did we get here in America of all places, the land that used to be the home of free speech, political freedom and individual rights?

53 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Joe Rogan should be made accountable for the stupid shit he's using to incite dumb asses like you
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @Dave_Anderson

To answer your question:

Q: How did we get here in America of all places, the land that used to be the home of free speech, political freedom and individual rights?

A: We got “here” by the way of centuries of Indigenous Genocide, Racialized Slavery, Hyper-Capitalism, Militarist Imperialism and Other Overlooked Aspects of American Exceptionalism”
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I’m a Joe Rogan fan. If corporate media didn’t censor the guests he has on then the world wouldn’t be so captivated when he eventually has them on like Robert Malone. I like to hear both sides of issues and when you tell me there is no discussion allowed you lose me and I listen to people like Joe Rogan, it’s that simple.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Spotify will gladly get rid of Meghan and Harry, Neil Young, and who ever else and keep Joe Rogan. He has become the Howard Stern of Spotify and is making them way too much money.

I don’t agree with much of what he says but this is America, you’re been given the right to say what you want even if it’s wrong. That’s why when artists say “me or him” they’re going to keep “him” unless it’s someone like Drake or Adele, and I’m not even sure if they’d win.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    You know the old saying "And I hope Neil Young will remember, A southern man don't need him around anyhow!"
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    I personally strongly believe in the free marker and letting the market decide
  • rdig
    3 years ago
    "How did we get here in America of all places, the land that used to be the home of free speech, political freedom and individual rights?"

Marxist domination of our schools and universities.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    This is a bad idea. Joe Rogan has a right to speak and interview anyone who comes on his show.

We have the right to listen to him, or we can not listen to him. That’s our choice.

It’s that simple.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Dave still needs to blow a fat load in a woman's mouth.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    ^ Rogan will get a COVID shot before that ever happens
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Rogan got the Covid shot, just like all the other shot callers !
  • RamPaige
    3 years ago
    I'm very on stuff like this. Because I'm a believer on the our 1st Amendment and hates censorship. This sort of stuff can go down a slippery slope and our freedom of speech can be taken away before we even know it. But preaching disinformation can do a lot of harm.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Freedom of speech doesn't give anyone the right to have a soapbox, to promote lies and disinformation, problem with what's happening now, is the truth is no longer the truth, if it's not the narrative your particular political affiliation want's to have you believe.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Sad that Rogan’s bending to Spotify due to the pressure put on him by others on Spotify. I thought the power to leave was in his pocket.
    I guess he’s not fully independent. It’s like being on a commercial TV or radio network.
    I don’t know what his options are (I’m not all that familiar with podcasting) but can’t he just leave for another podcasting platform? His podcast production platform is independent and “home made” and his advertisers would come with him, as would his listeners, if he left Spotify.
    Let Spotify keep Neil Young and Joni Mitchell- I listen to them on Pandora- and let Joe Rogan and his 11 million listeners and advertising revenue go elsewhere.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    A public figure lying to their audience to create a niche following is irresponsible and pure greed. He knows how stupid and gullible his listeners are.
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    I'd be willing to bet that neither Neil Young or Joni Mitchell has ever listened to Joe Rogan - not even to the particular shows which has prompted their protests.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Joe Rogan sincerely believes that because he had Covid he has natural immunity, the vaccine is unnecessary for him, and he shouldn’t be coerced into getting a vaccine which may have adverse side-effects.

He may be wrong, but is that so crazy it can’t even be talked about?

There’s some nuance to the facts here. I don’t think any fair person would say Joe Rogan is lying. At worst, he’s giving those with biased opinions air time - that seems to be Neil Young’s

Neil Young believes no one should be allowed to broadcast opinions if they aren’t correct.

I think listeners should have access to all the facts and opinions and make up their own minds.

I don’t think people are as stupid or as easily led astray as Neil young seems to believe.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    It might seem ironic, but many years ago Joe Rogan was on a sitcom called News Radio. It was pretty funny, and it had Phil Hartman and Andy Dick as well.

Here is a link to some of his funny moments.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTty8n4SF…
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Well I heard Mr. Young sing about ‘em
    Well I heard old Neil put ‘em down.
    Well I hope Neil Young will remember
    Spotify don’t need him around anyhow
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Rogan also believes psychedelic drugs can cure a lot of mental disorders. I don’t know if he’s medically correct, and there’s varying opinions, but he should be able to talk about it.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Rogan is no doctor, so his opinions should be viewed as opinions.

Maybe shows should carry a disclaimer? Posted at the beginning of the program. To let viewers know that it’s Joe Rogan’s opinion being portrayed on his broadcast.

There are news networks that have news programs and opinion shows. An example is Fox News. America’s Newsroom is news, but Gutfeld is opinion and entertainment. Both shows are broadcast on the same news network, but they are not both news. A disclaimer before Gutfeld would let less aware folks know it’s not actual news.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    If he just wanted to talk about it or have a discussion, that would be just fine, but to frame his opinion as if it were facts is not protected speech, and that goes to my point that he is not Reed a soapbox to stand and opine on subjects that he has no demonstrable expertise in is just plain goofy.
    AFAIK that isn’t much better than yelling fire in a crowded theater, so not protected.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Lol - what broadcaster doesn’t “frame his opinions as fact”.

And anyone who is adamant that they know all the facts of a “novel” (aka “new”) virus and an even newer vaccine is the actual liar.

I hope some aging Canadian singer doesn’t try to get me thrown off TUSCL. I looking at you Gordon Lightfoot.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Full disclosure- I’m a huge Gord fan and just watched a great Netflix doc about him.

Oh - and he was a real pussy-hound so there’s a remote possibility he’s monger on this site. Probably reviews Toronto area strip clubs
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ I like him as well, I saw him live at Central Park when he joined my favorite singer, Garth Brooks, on stage summer of 1997, great fun and Gordon Lightfoot, is a long tme favorite of mine as well.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    P.S. Billy Joel joined Garth, and Gordon on stage at the same concert. I remember them playing American Pie .
    Great memory.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Maybe the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald was actually written about a bad night at a strip club? That would require some real imagination!
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I think I could name one song each by Neil Young or Joni Mitchell. And I've never listened to a single podcast by Joe Rogan. But based on what I've read about the controversy, Rogan should be able to say what he wants. If you don't like it, don't listen. Young and Mitchell should shut their fucking mouths and quit acting like communists.
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    Young and Mitchell are just refusing to be on Spotify's platform if they keep Rogan. They have the freedom to make that decision and that is not censorship.

When someone like Biden, his political appointees or members of Congress call for private companies to crack down on misinformation that is different. The government has tax and regulatory powers it can use to harm companies so there is an unstated implied threat they might use those powers to punish any company that doesn't comply. Biden received more political donations from Big Pharma than any other candidate. His calls for cracking down on "misinformation" might just be an attempt to protect a big political donor from having any negative information about their products coming to light. If the government succeeds in this attempt at censorship, it won't work anyway. Many people will become suspicious and wonder if the government is trying to hide something from them.
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    ah... The information age....

Back in the stone age, the "herd" would be thinned by those who didn't grown enough crops in summer, or couldn't outrun the bear, or whatever....

But here we are in the information age. And quite frankly, I keep hoping sooner or later this damned covo 19 will mutate back towards the 2002 versions and all these people stupid enough to get health information from a comedian can be thinned from the herd.
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    Rogan interviews doctors on his show so it's really the opinions of the doctors.

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    These are the people drinking lysol and sticking flashlights up their asses coz Trump told them to lmfao
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    Growing up, I met a lot of doctors.

Next door neighbor in grade school, turned into my dad's best friend...

Across the street, mom was good friend with his wife.

My best friend in HS, his dad was a doctor.

My nephews GF was explaining to me how she didn't do well enough in school to get into medical school, but is save to go overseas, where it's easier, and you can still be a doctor here!!!

And I worked at a drug company. (in IT). hung out with some now and then at company events...

So, ya, they aren't freaking magical. There's a few idiots amongst them just like everyone else (I remember, working helpdesk, the third time I had to explain copy & paste to one of them... And that guy had this full time assistant who would normally help him copy / paste every fucking day like there wasn't just something wrong with him)

It might not be Joe Rogan, but "the doctor" saying stupid shit. But it sure as shit is Joe going out cherry picking some of the dullest attention whores available to go on his show and present there bullshit.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I’m not sure why Neil Young jumped on this issue? Is this an attempt to become relevant again? I’m not a Neil Young follower, so the last time I remember him being somewhat relevant was likely more than 20 years ago. His best days were likely in the late 1960’s - early 1970’s.

So, if Neil Young leaves the Spotify platform, one or two old albums from the Woodstock era are no longer available? If Joni Mitchell leaves, no more Big Yellow Taxi Cab? I’m not sure how Spotify will survive!
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Spotify has lost another four and the stock is 50% below its high point this year
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Their stock is up 14% today.
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGyG0A5m…

"When we know something with the level of certainty, it's not up for you to take one percent or one and a half percent and make that half of your rebuttal." - Neil deGrasse Tyson in a very general discussion of science in the news and politics.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    The stock appears to be recovering a bit since the big announcement.

I still don’t think the effect of losing Neil Young and Joni Mitchell will hurt the platform. If Rogan departs, I think that would be worse.
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    And Neil Young may have done his best work back in the '60's, the only song I can remember is Ohio. He's certainly been voicing his opinion on politics since the start.

And if you care to let history judge him, what had he previously been wrong about?

https://youtu.be/JCS-g3HwXdc
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “I’m not a doctor, I’m a f***ing moron.

I’m not a respected source of information, even for me.”

~ Joe Rogan

Rogan, like a lot of people on the right is constantly making bad-faith arguments, despite the fact he admits to being genuinely ignorant.

But that is the way he and many Shock Jocks pseudo-celebrities operate in order to make money out of propaganda and misinformation delivered as “entertainment”

They are the Voice of Unreasoning that preys on the anger/fear of White privileged Americans that have been told to believe their status in society is threatened as a result of the changing population in the USA with more people non-withe...

• san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The whole point of the Internet is that there are not a finite number of channels. It is not supposed to be like broadcast television.

These calls to censor Rogan are completely unfounded and anti-democratic.

And COVID is a pandemic of superstitious irrational fear.

That so called vaccine juice should be poured down the toilet.

SJG
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Interesting how the ones who squawk the loudest about "misinformation" are the biggest offenders.

Case in point: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aoc-corpo…

From an AOC interview with Yahoo Finance:

"Progressive Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) told Yahoo Finance in an exclusive interview that corporate "price gouging" has fueled inflation, placing the blame largely on dominant companies that hike prices and rake in profits without fear of competition."

Without fear of competition? What the fuck does that even mean? Amazon is completely immune to competition from Walmart, Home Depot or Lowe's?

"She strongly rejected claims that government stimulus in response to COVID-19 has caused the price spike."

Every idiot who ever graduated high school, or watched a single TV program about the economy, or ever read a newspaper, knows that the simplest and most basic explanation of what causes inflation is "too many dollars chasing too few goods." And what did the government do? Forced everyone to stay home for like a year, which cut production of almost everything, and then dumped trillions of dollars into the economy in the form of direct payments to families, which increased demand. If one was TRYING to cause massive inflation, you couldn't do it any better. And that's before you even consider the completely insane domestic energy policies of the current administration.

This genius supposedly graduated Boston University with a degree in economics. That can only mean two things: 1)Boston U is a terrible school and she was taught nothing while there... or 2)She knows what she's saying is blatant misinformation and she's a fucking liar.

And everyone makes a fuss over this Joe Rogan guy? He's a podcast host who has discussions you can either listen to or not. AOC is a fucking US Congresswoman who not only has a massive social media presence, but actually holds real power beyond just influencing 10 or 15 million morons that hang on her every word.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ AOC can't be that dumb. She knew when to strike against a complacent old-guard Dem. But she either slept through economics class, or more likely says what's politically convenient without regard for the truth. Joe Manchin was right, she's a Twitter phenomenon only.

The left invented the idea of Modern Monetary Theory to justify near-infinite federal spending. The full GND, we just print, print, print and we'll make every man a king. It's Lysenkoism, the subordination of science to party goals.
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    >These are the people drinking lysol and sticking flashlights up their asses coz Trump told them to lmfao

So on a thread about misinformation you post misinformation.
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    Spotify is a private company free to do what it chooses based on market pressures.

Music owners are free to do what they choose based on whatever reasons.

"I believe in the free market"

"Wait, not like that!"
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “All It Took Was a Financial Hit for Joe Rogan and Spotify to Address His COVID-19 Misinformation”

:D
  • Cowboy12
    3 years ago
    Neil Young exposed for being paid by former Pfizer CEO
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Kind of funny that a medical study out of Japan yesterday showed that Ivermectin lessens viral load in Covid cases. Joe Rogan may be an idiot, but Biden and Fauci are bigger idiots.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    This just in - Ann Murray now wants Skibum cancelled
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    Joe Rogan “apologizes” for past use of racial slur, calls it ‘most regretful and shameful’ moment in his career.

Rohan said “I am not racist” like a fish in denial or in trouble world said “I am not wet”

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/05/107854448…
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Supposedly video platform Rumble is offering Joe Rogan a 100-million-dollar contract
  • NiteRunner
    3 years ago
    If Rogan truly believes what he is saying, that's one thing. If he is just saying stuff for ratings that he knows is wrong, he is no better than the televangelists.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    They fucked with wrong dude. He's got A LOT of fans. Myself included. But this Democratic SuperPAC behind all this cancel culture garbage is finally starting to rear it's head for the whole world to see.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion