tuscl

Of course, North America was not empty when European explorers and settlers arri

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Title couldn’t say it all.

“Of course, North America was not empty when European explorers and settlers arrived — it was filled with diverse, long-established societies.

They may well have become sovereign nation-states had the US not sought to purge them from their lands, deny them self-rule, and, once they had been reduced to a tiny minority, forcibly assimilate them and their land.

These acts are the foundation upon which American dominance of North America, and thus American global power, was built.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com…

“How America became the most powerful country on Earth”

16 comments

• gobstopper007
    3 years ago
    Had all that not happened we would not have “Yellowstone” to watch
  • dannyboy3
    3 years ago
    Sounds like Howard Zinn. Yes that was somewhat true pre-contact, but disease destroyed most NA societies before there was much european contact. Estimates range from 30 to 90% disease deaths, mostly due to smallpox.
    However, there is limited evidence of large groups thatwould ha e evolved I toempires etc. In north America. Aztec and Inca are another story. Perhaps the mound builders in Missouri or the conferderations in the south and northeast may have. As far as social structures even the Aztecs were centuries behind Europe Asia, India etc. Same with technology. What happened was the same story we've always seen. A more technologically advanced society came and took over. The biggest difference is that eventually the US felt bad about itwhile there were still recognizable political and familial groups still around. Most conquered groups didn't. Celts, Iranian Zoastrians and Basques are exceptions.
    It's not pretty, but it wasn't any different from anywhere else. Other than for members of the tribes and those who seek political advantages I don't see the value in pointing out the historical conqueres acted like conqueres
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    The value on telling the Truth is that the Truth will set people free...

Book:

“A True History of the United States:

Indigenous Genocide, Racialized Slavery, Hyper-Capitalism, Militarist Imperialism and Other Overlooked Aspects of American Exceptionalism”

~ MAJOR DANIEL A. SJURSEN

~ Born and raised in Staten Island, New York.

A 2005 graduate of West Point, he has served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He earned a master's degree from the University of Kansas and is pursuing a doctorate in history while teaching at West Point.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I do think we should look closely at the history of relations between White Settlers and Native Americans.

Generally I am supportive of Howard Zinn.

SJG

Frampton
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVCWaWFm…

Jazz-Rock: A History Hardcover – January 1, 1998
    by Stuart Nicholson
    https://www.amazon.com/Jazz-Rock-History…
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @Dixie_Normus

Did anyone “brought” anyone else “CIVILIZATION”? (an advanced state of human society, in which a high level of culture, science, industry, and government has been reached.)

Great Civilization arose in America (the American Continent) from Alaska to Patagonia before the European invasion/conquest/genocide.

Discussion Posts in the Political Discourse Forum, mainly quotations, are used by me as a means of inspiration and to invoke philosophical thoughts from the reader.

Pragmatically speaking, quotations can also be used as language games (in the Wittgensteinian sense of the term) to manipulate social order and the structure of society

“Like everything metaphysical the harmony between thought and reality is to be found in the grammar of the language.”

~ Ludwig Wittgenstein
    ~ Austrian-British philosopher
    ~ Born: April 26, 1889, Vienna, Austria
    ~ Died: April 29, 1951, Cambridge, United Kingdom

Ludwig said it all...
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "North America was not empty when European explorers and settlers arrived — it was filled with diverse, long-established societies."

So what? There doesn't exist a modern country that isn't a product of one group dominating or even destroying one or more others. It's only in the modern era that we've become so sensitive about it.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    ==> RickiBoi sez “So what?”

Simple answer Mr. Dugan: because saying shit like this gets people like you all worked up. I don’t know if Mr. Kent is actually an aficionado of pre-Columbian civilizations but he does know how to trigger your ass you lil’ snowflake.

Now that I’ve given you the 411 and have your attention I’d like you to address the rumor that Outback Steakhouse is limiting customers to a maximum of 5 blooming onions. I’ve never been to an Outback Steakhouse for a simple reason: why the fuck would I go to an Outback Steakhouse?

Anyway, you strike me as the type of guy who has eaten 6 or more blooming onions in a sitting. Hell, you strike me as the kind of guy who goes to Outback every evening so you can eat nothing but blooming onions. So my question is this: why aren’t you protesting this obvious liberal plot to deprive red-blooded conservatives of blooming onions?
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ^ Shush now and behave yourself Phil. The grownups were talking.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    ==> RickiBoi sez “ Shush now and behave yourself Phil. The grownups were talking.”

They why are you letting yourself get fished in by Mr. Kent’s thread? Do you think that your Cousinlover county edumacatshun is sufficient to refute Mr. Kent’s point. Last I heard the only things that were going on in your neck of the woods was meth labs and fuckin’ plus-sized Ron DeSantis sex dolls.

Leave the sophisticated discussions to people who actually went to real universities, not the Kousinlover Kounty Kommunity Kolledge (motto: the xtra K and xtra d make the difference)
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    I am dump in a load in Cjkent basement
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    "Anyone who doesn't like America should LEAVE now !"

That's a bit hard to do with the current pandemic. Pre pandemic, I was actually planning on moving to London, quickly climbing the English social ladder and marrying a rich Brit for permanent residency. Then the pandemic happened. I found a decent American man.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @NinaBambina

You wrote and I quote:

“I found a decent American man.”

Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen

:D

Good Times, Good Times.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Difference being we’d miss Nina, you if you left nobody’ d care.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    ^
    “I'm sorry you feel that way.”
    ~ NinaBambina
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    All the black and Mexican people I have ever talked to personally just want the truth told about the past and the present. They are not asking anybody to feel guilty. They are like, my parents aren't going to leave me a $500,000 house so I need others ways to have some opportunities to get ahead.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @ilbbaicnl

“We must work together to ensure the equitable distribution of wealth, opportunity, and power in our society.”
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion