tuscl

Bob Dole passed away earlier today at age 98

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
He was a genuine war hero, we're losing them all one of the few remaining politicians from the greatest generation he served his country well' honorably, and with distinction, ran for the Presidency in 1996, after he was a senator for a quarter of a century.
R.I.P.

18 comments

• Muddy
    3 years ago
    Great guy. I was YouTubing his interviews not too long ago. Just a great American. O7
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    RIP. I just saw that. To be honest, I didn’t even realize he was still alive.

Over 200 WW II veterans die each day. RIP to each and every one
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Rip
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    @Motorhead, I think we're losing them faster than that, there's still about 240,000 US WWII veterans
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Bipartisan gentleman RIP.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Sad news. He was a true leader, not a politician.
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    He outlived Norm Macdonald.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    And as of yesterday, no more living officers of the Easy Company band of brothers.

R.I.P.
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    It seems they don’t make them like that anymore. RIP Bob Dole.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Great American and true hero.
    Also a Commander in Chief should know what it really means to commit American troops to battle. He understood better than any of us ever could.
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    Saddened to hear this. I always admired him.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    RIP Bob Dole. He was a great man, and a leader. They don’t make them like him anymore.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Child rapists hate Bob Dole.
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    Last year at this time Chuck Yeager, now Bob Dole. Two national treasures from the greatest generation who may have passed, but whose memories live on. RIP, and +1 on motorhead earlier post.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    God bless Bob Dole.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Capitol memorial service this morning and he will lie in state. Well deserved and a lovely ceremony.

Of course Biden threw in a reminder about himself and how he used to ride Amtrak all the time.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    ^ lol - bizarre vitriol for Bob Dole, of all people.
    Even if you’re a true blue Democrat and that’s you team and what gives your life any meaning (no religion, work, family or hobbies that interest you?) Dole was at worse a very moderate Republican.

Reminds me of the guys who are so racist the complain about getting a day off with pay on MLK Day
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Bob Dole really hated the Bush family.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion