The Owner of Angels is Crazy or There is government BS . . .

I just spoke with the owner of the shopping plaza where Angels is. Right next door is space available that would more than double the size of Angels. The monthly rent? $1,300. I asked why don't you rent to owner of Angels it would be perfect because his club is PACKED with dancers and customers. The owner said she had tried for years to convince him it would be a good deal for both of them (the space has poor street visibility so is difficult to rent to anyone else) and he just laughs at her. :(

If it was allowed by the government (it isn't), then I'd open a club in that space and start raking in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!! :) The only experience I have is retail, but at $1,300 per month for all that space it is to die for---a dream come true. :) And, he could have had more than just that space. <sigh>

5 comments

• Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Typical owner BS -- "What, I'm supposed to think clearly? But WHY? I'm thinking WOEFULLY UNCLEARLY and yet making profit. Never mind that I inconvenience the patrons, ream the dancers' opportunity for further profit, basically treat everyone like shit, and live a slovenly life in terms of business sense. I'm actually turning a positive bank balance at the end of the month, and therefore I have turned off my brain. Give me more Jaeger please."
  • jablake
    17 years ago

Well, the old manager listened to me. The new owner fired his ass! :( A loyal employee of over 10 years. Initially landed on his feet with a corrupt job with the school board, but that dream job didn't last for him. :( It was such a fantastic job that I wanted to go back to work and get on the government payroll.

I think the problem is the nature of the business. If he doubled his space, then payoffs might be 10 times the amount of the extra rent. Corruption is the rule and Angels is the last surviving strip club on W. Dixie Hwy in an area that had them left right and center. A few police raids and hungry churches can change the picture quick. Heck, Angels may still sell out to a Haitian church as those churches seem to have unlimited funds. My neighbors go to 5 or 6 different Haitian churches. And, I hear complaints that each church demands 10% or more of their income. The poor people have NO choice but to pay or burn in the everlasting fires of hell. I told 'em the fires sounds like a better deal. :)

• Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Tax the Haitian churches! Tax the Haitian churches!

• jablake
    17 years ago
    Tax the Haitian churches and give the money to attorneys. :)
  • jablake
    17 years ago

I wanted to get into the Haitian church business. A lady friend loves going to churches every day so I suggested she become a preacher and I would open a church for her. Unfortunately, she has traditional views about women being preachers. God only wants male preachers. :)

I said that is only because a male needs to look after the young female believers. You have me for that. Some of the Bible girls are so adorable and they want to obey God's will.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion