tuscl

Baltimore man, Accused Of Sex Traffickin, Sentenced To 18 Months

14 comments

• rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Moral of the story: Don't transport a girl over state lines and for goodness sake don't keep video evidence!

Errrrrr....I mean of course don't behave like this guy did. 😉

All kidding aside, this guy is well beyond a Grade A asshole. The trafficking charge was likely a stretch given the facts as I read them, but he did and said such horrible things - on video no less - that accepting an 18 month sentence was probably a safer bet then letting a jury marinate in his despicable behavior.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Also yahtzee while I definitely agree that grown women do indeed bear primary responsibility for their own actions, he made it easy for them to claim that he was coercive by behaving so despicably and then keeping videos for his ongoing enjoyment.

For example, if a girl who you've dealt with previously comes to your office claiming that she's hungry and needs money for food, then the right response is either to disengage (if you don't want to be involved or think she's lying) or get her a sandwich FFS. Instead this guy thought that the right response was to make her suck his dick for it while he video recorded the whole encounter.

So yes, prosecutors made an example of him because they knew that he could never let it go to a jury.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    This guy is a next level dirt bag. He likely thought he would buy his way off.

He looks like he could have starred in a 1980’s sitcom!
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Criminal defendants aren't required to go before a jury. They have an OPTION only. They can choose to try the case before a Judge, which is what we do in this type of case.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Taking a drug addicted hooker across state lines is a crime? Add another one to Gawker’s list of offenses!
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    No question, this guy is a sick fuck. On top of that, it sounds like he's a cheap bastard based on the payments he made to these women. He was let off easy with 18 months and a few hundred thousand in penalties.

That aside, I'm getting a little tired of this word "trafficking" being redefined and subsequently overused. It used to apply to organized international gangs who kidnapped girls, transported them to other countries, forced them into sex slavery, threatened the lives of their families if they tried to escape, etc.

Then it became transporting over state lines for the purpose of sex work, like pimps with a stable of hoes, but still it referred to criminals earning a pretty good living by exploiting the women. Fine. Nobody cares about scumbags like that, so charge them with whatever you want to call it.

But now it's considered "trafficking" if you drive a hooker to a spot where you as the "customer" have a paid encounter with her? Seriously?

I live in NJ, 15 minutes from Staten Island, NY. So if I text my regular OTC girl, she says she'd love to hook up, but she's at her cousin's house in Staten Island and needs a ride. I pick her up and bring her to a motel in Jersey. Now I'm a fuckin "trafficker?"

This jackass should have been charged with whatever prostitution and drug laws he broke, plus any and all individual shit he did to these women. Lock him up for 20 years, I couldn't care less. But "trafficking" doesn't really seem like the correct charge.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I agree misterorange. That word is getting overused to the point that it no longer is effective at identifying true scumbags.

Crossing state lines with an OTC girl isn’t trafficking. I know prostitution is illegal - but that’s the crime - it’s not trafficking.

I always bring my passport when I go to Staten Island - a few hefty bags - zip ties - a shovel - and a couple bags of limestone. It’s just better to be prepared…
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Also considered trafficking: two female FSSWs working together. Could be splitting hotel costs or something else. They have been considered as trafficking each other and charges like that have been made before.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Prosecutors often scare, or corner, defendants, into pleading guilty by overcharging them with a whole bunch of shit to where the defendant can face a long sentence so they plead guilty to not take the chance.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    You know, if you were looking for a story to effectively use as a platform for being critical of sex workers and their sense of "personal responsibility", this probably isn't that story...
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    @MrOrange: I agree. Taking a sugar baby on vacation is hardly "trafficking", or violating the intention of the Mann act for that matter.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Using your treatment and recovery business to identify vulnerable people to pay for sexual acts is immoral, unethical, and predatory. That there are civil and criminal penalties is just. But sex trafficking? Federal prosecution? That's wrong.
  • Jacks4thson
    3 years ago
    Given the fact this is Baltimore, at least we can say no one was shot and killed and the mayor wasn’t involved somehow.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    If threatening to call immigration is enough to be considered coercion for involuntary servitude, i.e. trafficking, I would have to believe drugging up known drug addicts (especially while running a drug treatment facility) would similarly qualify as coercion.

Dude is a scumbag.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion