RIP CHARLIE WATTS

whodey
Fat bastard that can afford to fuck hot strippers
Tuesday, August 24, 2021 5:20 PM
Charlie Watts, longtime drummer for the Rolling Stones, dies at 80 [view link]

12 comments

• twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Damn man I thought that the Stones were invulnerable R.I.P. Charlie had a good run
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    RIP Charlie. He was a good drummer and it’s sad to see him go. I’m amazed that Keith Richards is still standing!
  • giveitayank
    3 years ago
    I just read that on my phone. And, you're right... Keith, with all his drug use, should have left this Earth decades ago! But, Charlie will be missed.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I always liked Charlie! SJG
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    Charlie Watts was kind of the quiet member of The Rolling Stones. Dapper in his attire but otherwise low key. RIP
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    sucks. bunch of legendary drummers from the rock world passing away within the last few years. neil peart lee kerslake
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    So the healthy clean guy dies first (although I think he was the oldest). Same with the Eagles. The healthy living guy died first. Maybe the drugs really are "what doesn't kill you makes you stringer" I saw the Stones a few years ago and the thing that struck me about them is they all looked like marathon runners. Just no fat on them. RIP Charlie
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    RIP Charlie. Ya had a good run at it
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    Tis a shame. And Keith Richards keeps rolling on...
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    As I get older the thing that motivates me the most is when it's actually my turn the music is gonna be awesome !
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    Yeah sad news. It's amazing that he was still touring with the stones a couple years ago in their late 70s and planned to do it again this year. I do take issue with that CNN article Re; this.. "Watts became part of the Stones' longtime foursome alongside singer Mick Jagger, guitarist Keith Richards and bassist Ronnie Wood, anchoring the band's blues-rock sound from his drum kit for more than 50 years." Unless things changed in recent years Ronnie Wood plays guitar, not bass and he joined only after Brian Jones died and Jones' replacement Mick Taylor moved out on his own. Bill Wyman was the long time bass player and isn't even mentioned. Anyway I learned long ago not to rely on cnn for accuracy, RIP Charlie!
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    ronnie wod: right instrument but wrong band. he did play bass on the jeff beck group before joining the faces and then the stones. the last place i would rely on for a rock music history information would be from CNN.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion