tuscl

Dancer seeking professional help form you

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 2:18 PM
Have you ever had a dancer / AFT approaching you for your professional help (i.e. labor, service, etc)? Have they gave you extra millage before saying " Um, I need to... or Can you help me with..." happened to me once, but the help was for somthing that I was no longer doing at the time, though I was able to steer her in the right direction for help.

13 comments

• jablake
    17 years ago
    Well, I fixed a dancer's car in the parking lot once. Sort of funny because she and her friend didn't like me at all and yet she had no problem asking for my help. Not even sure if I got a thank you out of her. Then the dancers in the club complained I'm a mess. They were very surprised that I helped the girls out and just couldn't understand why I would do that. The mentality was if they don't like you, then why help them out?! The above isn't nearly as bad as it might sound. The girl had problems with people taking extreme advantage of her e.g. mechanics so she had a kill or be killed mentality. It didn't bother me too much. Let's put it this way. If she was a little prettier (she wasn't bad), then I wouldn't have had any problem getting a dance or two from her.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Once had a dancer ask me to pay her cellphone bill online, but she gave me the cash before hand. Had dancers ask me for a food or liquor run, and in most cases got extra mileage, especially if I voluntarily paid for it. You know, I can't recall one time where a dancer asked me for a 'cash loan' in advance with promise to repay later. Kind of like pay now and play later???
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    I been asked for help many times. Get some bandaids because of new shoes. Help me pick out a new truck. Fix my computer. And the list goes on. I never expected anything in return, although I never refused.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I've had dancers ask for my help with a few different things. Early on I had a few different dancers ask for a small loan of something like 100 or so which I was very leery about. No one asked me for professional help though. I think one dancer actually gave me a good deal. In return for giving her 100 dollars, she said she would dance for me at half the normal price for as long as I came into the club. I think she still got just as much money out of me because she danced for twice the normal number of songs. It still seemed like a good deal. After 2 years she said she wanted to end that deal saying I got more than my money's worth.
  • lotsoffun201
    17 years ago
    Since I am a physician (surgeon) I never use my real name or let them know what I do. If ever they find out they ask, but I refuse. Sets a bad precident.
  • Professor906090
    17 years ago
    Lotsoffun, I am pleasantly surprised to have drawn the professional of your caliber into discussion. Let me ask you if during your practice you treated a girl that somehow you knew was a stripper? Was the illness / injury work related in any way? Also, dancers probably no not have medical insurance, yet engage themselves in potentially dangerous activities while under influence like boating, driving, even while working at the pole. How do they go about paying for medical services?
  • chitownlawyer
    17 years ago
    I have had dancers ask me for professional advice, and for representation in criminal cases (on two occasions). Fortunately, my area of practice is fairly narrow, and has nothing to do with the areas of legal help that strippers need. Strippers have approached me concerning the following areas: Personal injury Traffic Domestic relations: divorce, and determining the paternity of illegimate children Criminal law (burglary and theft) Landlord/tenant. I have begged off of all the above, as I don't practice in any of these areas. I may have to start adopting the practice of Lotsoffun, as it may be easier that way. But I doubt that I will be able to shake my professional identity at clubs I regularly visit. Lawyers who frequent high extras clubs (I don't know about these places myself, but have heard about them from the older boys...) would have to be careful about getting involved with dancers professionally, as bad things can happen professionally to lawyers who have sex with clients. The Supreme Court in my state seems to frown on the practice.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    My ATF has been asking my advice on a wide range of problems for almost as long as I've known her (10+ years) and has often taken it. I've also helped her prepare resumes when she's looked for jobs, I've helped her write letters applying for jobs, I've written letters of recommendation for her, I've helped her apply for schools, and probably some other stuff that I've forgotten. I also used to advise her on health and fitness issues when she was just getting interested in that but now she knows more than I do and advises me.
  • Dain
    17 years ago
    I keep my profession secret. But once in a club a girl-customer from my work introduced herself but didn't take advantage of her knowledge. Another time a dancer figured that I am an attorney and asked for advice. Most often, when a dancer want'ms to know if I'm trustworthy and asks what I do, I tell her that I an accountant; that limits subsequent questions.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I've been asked many times for advice on working in fields related to my work - advertising, marketing, design, fashion - but not for direct use of my services. *heehee* And many times I've felt like telling dancers that they should seek professional help.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    A couple of years after she quit dancing, my ATF asked me to help a friend of hers (someone who I'd never met and who never was a dancer) who had just graduated from college and was looking for a job. She turned out to be a real attractive, friendly and wild girl. We had a whole lot of fun for nearly a year until she got too greedy and the wheels came off.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    I've never been asked personally - maybe it's because most dancers have no clue what "IT professional" means... or "DBA". I HAVE helped one dancer that had some problems with her computer. One of my buds has her in his "harem", and had bought her the computer so that she could email with him, etc. She crashed it somehow, and my friend asked me to call her up and try to help her out. Why not? It's always fun to talk to an attractive girl...
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    I knew my ATF had moved in with her bf. She had met him in the club, and he knew of her and my relationship. Her moving never changed it for us, until one fateful afternoon. I was at the club awaiting her arrival. When she walked it she came over and gave me her normal hello kiss. She said to wait and she would be right back. All normal to this point. When she came back, she was still in her "civilian" clothes. She said she wasn't going to work and asked me to leave with her and go where we could talk. I knew something was amiss. We went outside and asked if she wished to get something to eat. That was the plan, so we went to a place I knew she enjoyed. After we were seated and settled in, she told me she had quit and wasn't going to dance any longer. That was a bit of a surprise, so i asked why. She was pregnant! No, it was not with me. I was her "father", as far as it seemed. Anyway, she just needed someone to talk with. I asked why not her bf, and she said he was difficult to talk with. "Apparently not difficult to fuck", I told her. That raised her spirits a bit. Humor always does that for me. So we had a nice meal and talked about her future plans. After we had gone our separate ways, it really hit me that I was the ONE in which she confided! Not a friend of hers, her bf, no one but me, and I knew we had mutual friends, but it was me. Well, from there, everything was cool, except I didn't get many chances to see her since she wasn't dancing. I think we met once for lunch. Even though I was flattered that she had confided in me, that was the beginning of the end between was.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion