tuscl

Philly 2AMer early.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A man is recovering after he was shot outside a South Philly strip club Tuesday night.

The 28-year-old man was in the parking lot outside Cheerleaders Gentlemen’s Club along the 2700 block of South Front Street around 9:30 p.m. when a gunman opened fire.

The man was shot at least once in the chest. He was taken to Jefferson University Hospital in stable condition. No arrest has been made and no weapons have been recovered. Police have not released a description of any suspects.

There are additional resources for people or communities that have endured gun violence in Philadelphia. Further information can be found here.

15 comments

• Studme53
    3 years ago
    As per the news this morning, the victim has died. I’ve felt like I was being stalked by some shady looking pieces of shit walking through that parking lot before. I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out there were other unreported robberies there.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    One thing it shows you is how unreliable the news is. The guys dead. He was robbed right in the parking lot and his phone (at least) stolen.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    At 9:30pm right in front of the place! Straight up robbery. Who shoots someone over a cell phone? Oh wait, I know who.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ And doesn’t have the decency to at least wait until at least 2AM
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Could have been any one of us. Part of the calculus for scum bags is that most men would be reluctant to report getting robbed in a strip club parking lot. I know I would.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    "Could have been any one of us."

Maybe. It seems like you're taking this one kind of personal because you've been there. But it also seems like you stay aware of your surroundings which helps in not getting robbed and shot. It doesn't make sense that a guy got shot over a phone, so maybe there's more to it.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    I’ve been to that club. It didn’t seem like that bad of an area.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Relatively speaking, the neighborhood’s not the worst, but it ain’t great either. Philly is pretty bad every where unfortunately. It seems almost lawless with the cops afraid to bother anyone. I passed a homeless guy in Center City lying on the sidewalk in a “nice” bar restaurant area with his pants down and jerking off - in broad daylight. People were crossing to the other side of the street but otherwise ignoring him.There’s literally not a normal safe neighborhood in Philly except maybe the far Northeast. I’m staying away until more info comes out.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Criminals are def more brazen than ever particularly in certain cities which seem more anti-cop than anti-criminal - def better to be aware of one's surroundings and not have one's head in the louds
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ clouds
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Center City Philly is a cesspool. No offense to guys who live there. It’s just gotten overrun with homeless folks who do much more than jerk off on the sidewalk.

In the winter it’s not as bad as the summer. The summer smell of feces and urine is awful in the heat and humidity!

It sucks that a dude was killed there. I’m sorry to hear that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    All this crime going-on and in certain respects being allowed, is why there are records being set w.r.t. new/fist-time gun-buyers
    3 years ago
    I've been seeing some sketchy characters in the parking lot here lately. On a recent Tuesday like 5 pm. Two seemingly separate groups of 2-3. Close to the entrance. When I came out a couple of hours later, still there. Definitely something lacking in Cheerleaders "security" measures.
  • Darkblue999
    3 years ago
    I used to visit this club frequently precovid days. Parking lot is not a bad area. It's well lit. I usually walk fast/run from parking lot to the club and from club to parking lot. Something fishy in the story. Why no arrests made yet?
    3 years ago
    @Darkblue999 well lit or not doesn't make much difference if security isn't paying attention. And it fills up, at night you're parking in the back by the empty Toys R Us.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion