tuscl

Clubs with Amateur Nights

Does anyone know of clubs that allow/invite amateurs to dance? Especially in the Southeast (or any big city)?

10 comments

• ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Not at this current time. I only remember Memphis Platinum Plus having amateur night and bikini nights each week. Don't think we'll ever see the PP reopen again.

I enjoy watching amateurs on stage myself and wish more clubs would sponsor contents.
  • lotsoffun201
    17 years ago
    most amateur night girls are just girls from other clubs looking to make a few bucks. One of the problems is that clubs often require dance cards or sherrif's cards (Las Vegas) so true amateurs can't dance. Wet t-shirt contests at local bars are usually better and a different story.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I'm not sure if they still have them but Columbia SC Platinum Plus used to have them once a week during the week nights. The reason I don't know for sure is because they were always late at night. 11:00 or 12:00 P.M. I rarely stay that late anymore. I agree with lotsoffun201 that they are bull shit but I still loved them. Why? Because while the amateur customer was watching them, I had a lot more privacy in the private dance room. That goes for featured entertainers and other stupid acts as well.
  • lopaw
    17 years ago
    I don't know about the Southeast, but there are still quite a few clubs out here in L.A. that still have amateur nights. But like lotsoffun mentioned - they usually attract other dancers scouting for a new place to work, or for grabbing some fast loot.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I thought a couple of clubs in Greenville SC still has them. I see it listed on the schedules for 2 clubs. Platinum Plus in Greenville used to have them on most Saturday nights very late. I think they advertised it to be around 11 or 12 PM but often they didn't have them until 3 AM if I remember correctly. I believe they got moved to a different night. I found a few of them to be amusing. I remember one night a big fat girl got up on stage and whoever had to vote apparently thought it was funny to vote for her. She was in 2nd place that night. I could see her from all the way across the club. Usually the girls looked better. The Trophy club might have them too but I haven't been there in a long time.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    It's my opinion, though I am probably wrong on factual details, that every club everywhere in Iowa has at least one a month. Big Earls in Des Moines takes it a step beyond, or over the edge, with a BBW amateur contest. My favorite club doesn't really have a contest, but they have been known to have girls who came in with their boyfriend go on stage and dance a full set. Even if they are fat, these particular sets are always popular.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    A lot of clubs in Michigan have amateur night every week, usually late on a Tuesday or Wednesday when it would otherwise be very slow.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Many of the clubs in DC and Maryland have amateur contests. But as someone else pointed out, what they usually get are dancers from other clubs looking to make some extra money or just checking the place out. I've only ever encountered one place that appeared to have real amateurs and it was funny as hell - two drunk girls got up on stage, took off everything, danced, then went back to their friends at the bar without ever putting any clothes back on. They were very popular. They were also really good looking.
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    I went to an amateur night once and was severely disappointed. Since the club was located near a large Big 10 university, I held a fantasy of some hot college freshman (true amateurs)getting up on stage to show off their goods. Of the four girls who entered the contest, one was a former dancer (not attractive - I know why she quit dancing), another was a weird goth chick with black make-up, another was a grotesque fat woman (morbidly obese) -- only the winner was marginally attractive, but not the young college girl-type I hoped for. No desire to return.
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    I have talked to a number of club owners or managers in my time. Most always, I was told, that if a dancer came into a club and had the proper ID, and was one they would hire, she could dance just as soon as she wished. I even visited a club one evening with my ATF and the bartender I talked with sent the manager over. He told my ATF she could dance that evening. This was mostly all from central Florida and south.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion