tuscl

i wanna be petty so bad

gothamyte
from that Adam Westsiiiide of Gotham
Friday, July 9, 2021 3:39 AM
(sorry, this post is not strip-club related, at all) should i be petty? so......wayyyy back when, "during my 1950s", i worked part-time at a popular, local venue. and i feel like i was pretty legendary there. i had a good run; was there over a decade on the venue's 5-year old website now is full of vids from the folks after i left. back when i ran the yard at that venue, phone cameras weren't a thing. but i got about a dozen videos from back in the day of when i ran the yard in the 2000s. should i be petty and post those to their webite? or does it seem odd that i'm an old head, part-timer, posting dinosaur vids, just feeling myself i'm looking at their 2021 vids on the site like "all you MFers are in my shadow!!" i wanna walk away and not post. but my ego is begging me to say something can anyone relate? anyone wanna talk me into being petty, like, f these new kids on the block. bow down! or, anyone wanna talk me outta being petty. like, have class, dinosaur, let these kids have their website

6 comments

• DenimChicken
    3 years ago
    You want to post vids from your Motorola Razr phone in the 2000s? To show how badass you are? Do it. Obviously you are a god king. Legendary even. One can only believe the ego is a subset of the amazingness.
  • gothamyte
    3 years ago
    i should walk away. and let their website be what it is. and hey: there aren't any postings by any of my fellow old crew staffmembers, back when i was there. it's all postings from the last 5 yrs only. website only 5 yrs old. but it's low-key annoying knowing a spot where you used to run things has a new generation on it, boasting claims like they're not in anyone's shadow but yeah, i'd be the only person from the dinosaur age trying to flex on their website, if i post
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    It doesn't sound petty at all. It sounds embarrassing and totally desperate, like the bald guy in his 40s who lives in a studio apartment and drives a taxi, but still wears his high school letter jacket that doesn't fit because he's put on 50 pounds, and brags to everyone he meets that he once scored two touchdowns in one game. (Sidenote: in high school I hit 5 threes and had 23 points in one game, and 21 points and 19 rebounds in another ....sup?)
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    ^ It almost sounded like you were describing Al Bundy except he had a house and sold shoes. Lol BTW I averaged 7 yards per carry as a Freshman RB but never played another season.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Its not petty do it. You deserve the recognition
    3 years ago
    At first I thought you meant Tom Petty, so sure. After reading this though I realize, just another PL trying to live in the past.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion