tuscl
Vivide (V Live)
1271 Marietta Blvd NW Atlanta, GA 30318

Follies Day Shift at Vivide.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Thursday, April 15, 2021 10:11 PM
During a visit today, 4/15/21, I learned from a waitress and a dancer that was fucking the owner of the Platinum Club that that club did get shut down for not having a liquor license. It's doubtful that they will get one before the end of the year, if ever. Meanwhile Dan and Byron the former Follies bouncers that were working at Platinum will be coming to Vivide and sometime during the next week to a month Vivide will start a night shift and will be open noon to 3AM Mon thru Thu. Friday & Saturday nights it will revert to the night club that it was before Follies opened up. Of course closed on Sunday. At present the top floor remains closed but if you want to pay $20 to sit up there you can. Some people are paying it.

22 comments

• Summit21
    3 years ago
    :( RIP platinum. Looks like Vivide might become the place to go once everyone is forced to start moving over there
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    It was crazy for Platinum to be operating w/o a liquor license
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I still believe this may have come about b/c of what happened at the spa nearby and thus this club w/ it's big customer base getting on the radar/in-the-eyes of the powers-to-be while the spa incident was being investigated - who knows how long Platinum had been operating under-the-radar w/o a liquor license till the spa-incident no longer made them out-of-sight-out-of-mind.
  • GoatSign6
    3 years ago
    I hope Vivide becomes the main event. All the good talent from Platinum is at Diamond and I will confirm with what most have noticed the place is a sh*t hole. The layout at Vivide is “different” but it’s a lot of space for fun to be had.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Vivide should try to put up furniture (hightop tables, etc) more conducive to a strip-club vs a night-club - and then put it away Fridays and Saturdays for when the nightclub is operational - it's a bit of work but would make it feel more like a strip-club
  • jmiddle30234
    3 years ago
    Got to get the spinners in there eraly
  • Atlzone2
    3 years ago
    They didn’t have a license because the owner of the property & license died. Now ownership of the estate is in court and ppl are fighting about it while the license is in limbo.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ interesting
  • Atlzone2
    3 years ago
    I heard it from a dancer but who knows if it’s true. It’s all speculation. But if Dan and Byron are setting up shop in Vvide then there might be some truth to it. All we can do is wait and see
  • bang69
    3 years ago
    Very interesting
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    This may not be accurate. Someone tried to post a review saying Club Platinum was closed for renovation and would reopen Wednesday 4/21/21. Liquor license?
  • BuckMcNutter
    3 years ago
    I would pay $20 to go upstairs so that my $10 floor dances are not viewed by everyone. Last trip report was bad. I still haven't posted.
  • Atlzone2
    3 years ago
    @shadowcat I would trust the dancer fucking the owner over the obvious club promoter that posted the review. We all know they weren’t closed for renovations. Platinum will open Wednesday but I’ll be a little cautious and wait it out a bit. If they are having liquor license issues, then I don’t want LE to visit while I’m visiting :).
  • ww
    3 years ago
    @Atlzone2 A liquor license issue isn't going to impact a patron. It's not expected for you to know that. Unless you're speaking on under the table items you may be doing...lol!
  • Summit21
    3 years ago
    I just got texted that platinum will reopen
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I've seen this movie before of a club closing and at firs there being multiple reasons/rumors for the closure, then rumors that it will reopen in the near-future, and usually the club never reopens - that's what I've normally seen - does not mean the same will happen w/ Platinum since it was a huge-money-maker, but my past experience has meant the club never reopens.
  • BJ4015
    3 years ago
    Platinum is back open and operating as before
  • flappygilmore007
    3 years ago
    I've heard several ppl call Diamonds a shithole.. Is it really that much worse than Platinum? sure the bathroom is bad but both have cracking and ripped up seating.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I'd rate both of them about the same.
  • flappygilmore007
    3 years ago
    Met too. At least the bathroom attendant at Diamonds isn't a troll
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    After Follies closed most of the Cuban dancers moved over to Platinum and when it shut down they moved to Diamond but only a couple have showed up at Vivide. I have heard the reason for this is because the Cubans use Uber for transportation and it costs a lot more to get to Vivide. Do the Cubans not have cars or do they not have licenses to drive?
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    I can remember seeing a van drop them off at Follies about 6 at a time.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion