tuscl

Detroit- Best place to spend a Monday afternoon.

screg
California
Looks like I will be attended an event in mid-November in Detroit. Will have a couple of hours in the afternoon to hit a club. Where would be the best place to spend my time and $$$? Thanks

6 comments

• Philip A. Stein
    17 years ago
    Flight Club.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Depends on where you're staying and what you're looking for. From downtown or the north suburbs, the Flight Club can be a long hike for just a two hour break. If you prefer a dive with extras over a gentleman's club with flunkies in tuxedos, you might like Henry the VII South better.
  • arbeeguy
    17 years ago
    Hmmmm -- I was just thinking about starting a new topic concerning Detroit strip clubs, and I still may, later. If I were screg, I would definitely check the recent reviews of The Coliseum. Of course it could be that this guy with the fabulous reviews is just blowing smoke, but the only way to prove that is for other people to visit the club and write their own reviews, which would strongly refute his. So I recommend The Coliseum on that ground alone. I think if the Detroit city management, Chamber of Commerce, and Law Enforcement are smart, they will let the strip clubs bend the law a little extra and not harrass them as long as they keep paying their taxes on time. After all, Detroit is the headquarters of the US Auto Industry, which just turned in another dismal sales report today, October 2, 2007. Detroit needs -- badly needs -- all the revenue that strip clubs can generate. As far as which clubs screg should visit when he gets to Detroit in mid-November -- for gosh sakes man, take an hour and read the reviews and decide for yourself. That's why all these reviews are posted. As for Flight Club, I agree it is a good club, but there's a ton of other good clubs in the Detroit area. There are various sizes, shapes, and norms. La Chambre is nice.... Different Strokes for Different Folks.
  • pushin50
    17 years ago
    I've visited Coliseum a month ago. Great club, expensive and upscale. I did not ask or receive "extras". My hands were free to roam any where but under the g-string.

In my opinion, a great place to go with SO or group.
  • screg
    17 years ago
    Looks like we will be staying near the airport. Not really looking for extras but good contact laps would be cool. Thanks for the information so far.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    In that case, the Flight Club is probably your best bet. Nearby, the Play House and Landing Strip do basically the same thing but not as well in recent years. Bogart's is a good alternative if you're put off by the gentleman's club trappings, although the dances aren't much cheaper nor any better. Plus, on a Monday afternoon, the Flight Club might be the only place with a good chance of finding any hot dancers working.

The Coliseum or Henry VIII South are too far away for a brief outing from the airport.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion