tuscl

OT: Thank goodness with Biden in office we are now getting all this "unity"

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Columbia To Host Six Graduation Ceremonies Divided By Sex, Race, Income

Columbia University is set to host six separate graduation ceremonies based on sex, race, and income in the name of “multiculturalism.”

The graduations will “complement” the existing school-wide ceremonies. The school’s web page claims that the segregated events will “provide a more intimate setting for students and guests to gather, incorporate meaningful cultural traditions and celebrate the specific contributions and achievements of their communities.”

The ceremonies provided include a “Native Graduation” for Native-American students, a “Lavender Graduation” for students who identify as part of the LGBTQ community, an “Asian Graduation,” a “FLI Graduation” for “first-generation and/or low-income community” members, a “Latinx Graduation,” and a “Black Graduation.”

According to a report by the National Association of Scholars, more than 75 schools across the nation offer optional segregated graduation ceremonies to students. The most notable and elite institutions include Harvard, the University of California-San Diego, the University of California-Irvine, Arizona State University, Stanford, the University of California-Berkeley, UCLA, and Yale.

In many cases, these ceremonies are co-hosted by black student affinity groups, specific academic departments, or multicultural centers.

The phenomena began in 2017 and within two years had co-opted Harvard University into hosting an “UndocuGraduation” for students who were in the country illegally. A speaker at the “UndocuGraduation” was a Harvard history professor who was arrested while protesting President Donald Trump’s decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program in 2017.

The National Association of Scholars’ Dion Pierre wrote back in 2017 that he believed segregated graduation ceremonies would prove to intensify existing racial tensions.

“Ultimately, university officials go wrong when they treat students as black, Latino, or Asian, i.e., as different. By doing so, they reinforce the idea of interminable inequality and conflict between the races,” Pierre said. “If our universities hope to ease racial tensions, they should encourage students and parents to meet one another as citizens united by a common sense of purpose, not as mutually opposed ethnic groups.”

Ceremonies and other racially segregated “affinity groups” have been given the green light from the Biden administration. In his first few days in office, Biden’s Department of Education reversed course on a decision that found racially segregated groups to be a form of segregation.

Be it separate graduation ceremonies or “affinity groups,” both are used to separate students and staff by race in hopes of giving black, Indigenous, and people of color a “safe space” to discuss their experiences with racism while providing a separate space for white people to learn about their “white privilege.”

It has also become a growing trend on college campuses to allegedly help white students understand their role in racism and systemic oppression.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/columbia-…

13 comments

• skibum609
    4 years ago
    As long as they have a native born white graduation ceremony as well.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    All this "Unity" being enacted by party line votes and executive orders. Maybe I should check my pocket constitution, but I am pretty sure that is not how a democratic Republic is supposed to be governed. But, if the commie dems were concerned about the law, they wouldn't have stolen the election.
  • rick_the_cheesestick
    4 years ago
    Are they serving cheesesticks at all of these ceremonies? If they aren’t then they are discriminating against me and the Council of Ricks will fix that.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Hah, the new goal is now to be a unique enough snowflake to get an entire ceremony just for you. And not have to walk with other classmates. 😀
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Chickens run around after their head is chopped off; fish flop around on the dock; Americans pretend that there is still a United States and the one thing all 3 have in common? Its just a reaction to pending death ....... There was no country close enough and powerful enough to finish us off after the war between the states, but there are many now.....
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    “America sucks and needs to be dismantled.”

~ Papi_Chulo, TUSCL, August 14, 2020
    ~ White (Cuban) guy residing in Miami, FL

^ Sad but so true Papi.

~ Warrior15, TUSCL, August 14, 2020
    ~ Just a Monger looking for some Action.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    ^
    You're taking those quotes out of context cj you disingenuous FUCKHEAD.
    The part they want dismantled is the part you want completed you moron!
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    “White Privilege is a “reward” that you get simply for being white.”

“It is a product of white supremacy, which was facilitated by centuries of domination attained through occupation and economic exploitation of black, brown, and indigenous people.”

“White countries” US, England, France, Germany etc today, are wealthier, richer, because these riches were acquired at the expense of the people of color they “colonized”.”

“Opinion: White people must face their white privilege”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.colorad…

“I'm not saying that white people are better. I'm saying that being white is clearly better.

Who could even argue?”

“Now, if you're white and you don't admit that it's great, you're an asshole.”

~ Louis Székely
    ~ White Privileged stand up comedian
    ~ Born Sep 12, 1967 Washington, D.C., U.S.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "Guys that beg for dick pics online are sad little twerps that need a brain replacement"

TheeOSU
    Regular white guy
    Born to be wild!
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    Once more:

“I'm not saying that white people are better. I'm saying that being white is clearly better.

Who could even argue?”

“Now, if you're white and you don't admit that it's great, you're an asshole.”

~ Louis Székely
    ~ White Privileged stand up comedian
    ~ Born Sep 12, 1967 Washington, D.C., U.S.

:D
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    So science tells us that every snowflake is different but the progressives tell us they should all act and think alike to truly achieve unity
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    LOL. How ironic that the snowflakes demand uniformity of thought, speech, and action, and tolerate no dissent or independence. Maybe we should calling them "snowflakes". They're definitely more like lemmings.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Only a true moron would cite a comic or late night talk show host as an authority on politics.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion